chumbucket and Associates grand steal-a-thon

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

chumbucket and Associates grand steal-a-thon

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Congratulations Seymor Duncan for walking away with a deed to a large patio house and some cash! He located the clues and tracked down the murderer/kidnappers house near trinsic, where he detected a sleeping individual. He then robbed a map and a key, when combined with the map stolen from the faux-wandering healer around cove, they led him to a house of imps, explosion potions, and trapped chests. After several deaths he managed to walk away with the loot! Not as much finesse as I had imagined, but brute force got the job done!

Congrats

With the recent outbreak of PvP and Crafting player-ran events, an event with the thief in mind seemed like a good idea. The rules are very simply, and you do not "need" to be a thief to play, but the challenge is going to involve multiple playstyles.

The contest will run until 11pm EST, on May 16th. It will start May 6th at server up (approx. 7:10am EST). The winner will take home 150k in valuables, but it will not be easy.

Each day at a random time I will post a new clue relating to the whole scenario. This is a scavenger hunt of sorts, but may also require you to utilize different characters, or friends that may have particular skills. The actual treasure will be in place Tomarrow shortly after server up, and will remain there until May 16th or it is found, but players interested in getting a jump on the competition can certainly begin the search today, but the scenario will not make sense until the contest actually begins. This is not a "goto-location find-item goto-location" event, and will require some additional thought and finesse.

Current number of clues : 4

First Clue:
Outside a town by the water, he waits cloak and staff in hand. Ready at any moment to heal a traveling stranger.
Second Clue:
Perhaps a stranger at the city or orcs knows where to look.

Third Clue:
But he seems to have turned up missing, so says the citizens of Trinsic.
Fourth Clue:
The kidnappers dwelling was recently located, but Trinsic officials refuse to comment.
Fifth Clue:
Pet hairs were found at the scene of the crime.
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Tue May 12, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Har Har

Re: chumbucket and Associates grand steal-a-thon

Post by Har Har »

I am but a mere thief, I do not possess the education to figure that one out
=(.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The treasure is in place, and is currently lootable somewhere in the world. The next line of the clue will be available today at 6pm est.

Pro

Post by Pro »

I think i found the first one but there's no clue here so ;[ is there a follow up or will u just do one clue a time here and we have to find it?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

There are currently 2 clues available if you know where to look.

Blackraven

Post by Blackraven »

how is it that the "treasure" isn't magically deleted every morning at server reboot?

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

Blackraven wrote:how is it that the "treasure" isn't magically deleted every morning at server reboot?
That's part of the riddle.
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Blackraven wrote:how is it that the "treasure" isn't magically deleted every morning at server reboot?
It wont be, I am sure of it.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Awesome!

Santiago

Post by Santiago »

I'm sure their will be a post about the great heist or theft or scam that is accomplished from this event. Players beware it is being ran by a thiefs guild. Check out the top skills of their guild members might make you think twice about trusting classless players such as these.

Har Har

Post by Har Har »

Santiago wrote:I'm sure their will be a post about the great heist or theft or scam that is accomplished from this event. Players beware it is being ran by a thiefs guild. Check out the top skills of their guild members might make you think twice about trusting classless players such as these.
I highly doubt that is the intention.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Santiago wrote:I'm sure their will be a post about the great heist or theft or scam that is accomplished from this event. Players beware it is being ran by a thiefs guild. Check out the top skills of their guild members might make you think twice about trusting classless players such as these.
Just so we are clear, the event is FOR thieves. (As well as anyone else, but thieves and investigators will have an advantage)

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

BUSTED!

Clark_Kent
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Clark_Kent »

I spent nearly an hour searching yesterday, didn't find it--but I did find two unlocked boats with 3 MiBs in the hold, 10k fish steaks, and couple of AFK macroers with regs on them!
Chief Editor of The Daily Planet
chumbucket and Associates (cA)

Daltrey

Post by Daltrey »

This sounds like a ton of fun. It's too bad that I haven't been able to put much time into playing the past few days. I definitely hope that this won't be the last event like this.