Pvp suggestion

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Marcaeus

Re: Pvp suggestion

Post by Marcaeus »

Sandro wrote:this is basically a "pvp sucks here and i won't play until it is the way it was" thread :?
Fixed.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

failed..

you can spend the rest of your life arguing about events but it wont get you anywhere..
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Marcaeus

Post by Marcaeus »

Sandro wrote:failed..

you can spend the rest of your life arguing about events but it wont get you anywhere..
Right. The rewards alone make pvm players want to keep it. Free profit right? Why is Crew all murderers? Oh right... they prob couldn't find anything to kill outside of tournaments. :lol:

Faust

Post by Faust »

Marcus_ wrote: Wtf does any of that have to do with what I said? There was simply no pvp/tournament custom events on any friggin uo osi t2a server, period.

Each server had different player towns, GM events, pvm sieges, rewards, whatever, but when you wanted to fight other players you went out of town, or warred in town. Period.

There is no population doing that, because they just log in when tournaments start.
Please take a closer look at my post and read...
Faust wrote:UO Second Age is just another shard that is aiming to replicate the same game mechanics that existed in '99 with its own policy decisions no differently than each shard that existed back then.
We simply make 'our own unique events' no differently than each production shard made 'their own unique events' back in the day since this is a policy decision instead of mechanical accuracy. We don't social engineer here and only aim to replicate the game mechanics of the era. It doesn't matter if we want magical flying ninja turtles spinning around swinging hallys chopping people down in a room for an event. The decision is up to the shard developers for what type of unique events they want here just like it was on production shards.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Faust wrote:It doesn't matter if we want magical flying ninja turtles spinning around swinging hallys chopping people down in a room for an event.
nice faust
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Marcaeus

Post by Marcaeus »

Faust wrote:
Marcus_ wrote: Wtf does any of that have to do with what I said? There was simply no pvp/tournament custom events on any friggin uo osi t2a server, period.

Each server had different player towns, GM events, pvm sieges, rewards, whatever, but when you wanted to fight other players you went out of town, or warred in town. Period.

There is no population doing that, because they just log in when tournaments start.
Please take a closer look at my post and read...
Faust wrote:UO Second Age is just another shard that is aiming to replicate the same game mechanics that existed in '99 with its own policy decisions no differently than each shard that existed back then.
We simply make 'our own unique events' no differently than each production shard made 'their own unique events' back in the day since this is a policy decision instead of mechanical accuracy. We don't social engineer here and only aim to replicate the game mechanics of the era. It doesn't matter if we want magical flying ninja turtles spinning around swinging hallys chopping people down in a room for an event. The decision is up to the shard developers for what type of unique events they want here just like it was on production shards.
I'm simply saying that is not how it was, and why it sucks. Take it as it's. If I want to play candyland I'll stay here, if I want some pvp I'll play another game.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Faust wrote: It doesn't matter if we want magical flying ninja turtles spinning around swinging hallys chopping people down in a room for an event.
can we get that ? but no ninja turtle weilded a halberd, get it right :/ only uo choices would be qstaff or katana
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Faust wrote:We simply make 'our own unique events' no differently than each production shard made 'their own unique events' back in the day since this is a policy decision instead of mechanical accuracy. We don't social engineer here and only aim to replicate the game mechanics of the era.
problem is game mechanics are not being replicated in these trammalized scripted events. they are instead restricted in ways that NEVER existed on OSI, and taking place outside of the playable game world. i know of no t2a era events that fell into this catagory on OSI.

Faust

Post by Faust »

OSI had the ability to add restrictions into an event.. just because they didn't choose to most of the time doesn't mean it wasn't possible. Perhaps, the developers here are more extreme and decide to include such restrictions into their events. It's their policy and decision when deciding what event to develop. I would suggest asking them to re-think their policy if you don't agree with it. :wink:

Remember we are dealing with a policy decision, not mechanical accuracy. The ability to persuade the staff into changing it is very much possible.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I dont remember, and would like to see an account in which GM's restricted something in an event. I know there used to be sever-specific GM events for dueing and what not, however, on Pacific/Siege at least these were always non-restricted.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I can only recall one tournament I ever personally witnessed ( of course I have no proof).
Atlantic on moonglow Island admin built a custom arena for the tournament to take place in that looked just like jhelom pits but with tall walls. It blocked line of sight and entry for all players who werent the two fighting.
That is about the extent of their involvment as far as i know.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

GMs on OSI really didn't put any restrictions on events. There was a wedding in central minoc 2000 for a guild that was warred with us. It was being hosted by GMs (who used to make the custom inscribed rings especially for weddings). Our guild crashed it and slaughtered everyone.

There were never any official PvP events on our shard that I can recall, so I can't comment on that.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

haha yea i remember a few destroyed weddings :D Delucia was big for weddings

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

Faust wrote:Fruit Loops managed to get events practically removed down to very few of them a month. There was just one(if you were lucky) tourney held in a month. The PVP picked up in the field for a week and it turned into a ghost town very shortly after that week.

that's the truth right there.
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Marcus i totally agree with you. Playing here does to some extent remind me of the T2A era BUT the pvp is not even close. The reason is you have too many kiddies that love the WoW instanced crap and the "trammelized" ways of pvp (which is not losing gear). Yes Sandro i do think alot of you do sit in IRC and talk while macroing character after character until an event pops and then log in to pvp. During T2A era the best pvp was in the field and at guild houses and that was pretty much the only pvp you really ran into. Sure there were pk's but not nearly as many as there are on this shard.

The reason they will not get rid of these "trammelized events" is because of the fear of losing players. Too many players ride on tourney ego's and trophy point marketing. It is a shame but, whatever, it's the same crap with every mmorpg pvp game being made anymore and unfortunately the bigger player base wants it this way.