Best place to get regs in bulk for magery training?

Moderator: Support Moderators

Reyhan

Best place to get regs in bulk for magery training?

Post by Reyhan »

NPCS in town?

Player's vendors?

What can I expect to pay per reg?

Thx

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Best place to get regs in bulk for magery training?

Post by zzyzx »

Player vendors are going to charge 1gp more than what an NPC sells for.

Since all players who supply their reg vendors are in the mage guild, moss and pearl will be 5gp (same as NPC if you're not in mage guild). All others will be 4gp usually, and are usually sold in quantities of 1k.

I just hang around the NPC vendors (Moonglow N is a good spot, tons of NPC vendors) around bed time and can usually get 1k of each reg. If desperate, I hit up the reg vendor at $$$. Best to get a runebook of the mage shops and just hop them in my opinon.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Cheapest route: Join the mages guild so you get a discount on certain regs, then go buy a runebook and mark every single mage/alchy shop in all the cities; recall from spot to spot, and use a Buy agent to get the regs you need (set a high cap so you don't buy more than you can carry, ie: 2000 black pearl.)

Next up would be reg vendors, check near Occlo bank, East side of Vesper strip, Near Yew bank, also $$$ vendors south of Moonglow (southern tip of island). Plenty more, I just picked a few.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

regs are not discounted only items 10 gp or more in any guild...and thats directly from Derrick
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:regs are not discounted only items 10 gp or more in any guild...and thats directly from Derrick
This is wrong. If you're in the mage's guild, Black Pearl and Blood Moss are 4gp. The rest are normally priced, 3gp.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Yeah you are right. Been so long since I wasnt in the mage's guild. It was early when this was discussed in irc, he must have been a bit droggy.
Black pearl was 5 gp.
It was under the impression it was 10(20?) percent off anything 10 gps or greater such as runestones and potions. Also it was stated the highest noteriety gave you a discount comparable to being in the guild member or not.

Unless it was a Derrick impersonator that was responding.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Reyhan

Post by Reyhan »

How do I go about joining the mage guild?

Does joining have any disadvantages?

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

Reyhan wrote:How do I go about joining the mage guild?

Does joining have any disadvantages?
Go to a reg shop and find the NPC with the staff... this is the mage guild master.

Say <name> join, they'll want 500 gold, drop it on them, done.

Disadvantages? You're out a measily 500 gold and you can't join any other guild.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's a 10% discount. 5gp -10%=4.5 and is getting rounded to 5. I'll try to verify that this is correct.

I'm sure that Garlic at 3gp, was 3gp guild or not, so OSI didn't round 2.7 to 2 anyway, and it's usually standard to round .5 up not down.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Return to “New Player Help”