Nerfs

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Kylock

Nerfs

Post by Kylock »

This is really just an opinion more than a suggestion. People on the server constantly bitch about small things, everywhere. Personally I think everything is all around pretty fair/accurate.

Nerfing stuff / making large changes will only lead to more people bitching, so its basically a fight you can't win. Sure - macers are currently a little bit overpowered in 1v1 tournaments - bards run the survivor game - dexxies with no resist complain that they get ganked/synced on in Deathmatch/CTF/DD.

There's already a solution to everything, without changing server scripts etc.
-You want to win 1v1s make a macer,possibly a parry dexxy, carry food, or make it so total refresh pots are usable up to 3-5 times per fight & if you can't win by then get out.
-Bards are easy to macro, so its annoying seeing people complaining about the Survivor game being owned by bards. You don't even really have to be a mage, you could be dex bard and do fine imo.
-And for all of the random new players who join DM/CTF/DD with no skills hoping to win, you can't really complain bout getting jumped or reskilled in DM. You're an easy target so some people enjoy racking up points with killing you. Wait for a bagball game which involves no pvp but is still fun.

What i'm trying to say is, since I joined here 3-4 weeks ago the population has increased by far so obviously people like the server the way it is now. We shouldn't need any huge changes to fit one or two players wants/complaints.

Lothain

Re: Nerfs

Post by Lothain »

This is absolutely true.

Sivrik

Post by Sivrik »

even tho i made a post on suggestion forum here, i agree there shouldnt be much changed. at the end of the day ill still fight in tournaments even if macers and tr pots stay like tehy are.
Clyde: if ur better than me u cheat..straight up

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

totally agree

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

macers owned 1v1 tournys on osi in t2a, so why shouldnt they here, just another sign of servers accuracy
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

It's T2A. catering to the greifers is what ruined the game.
Last edited by Sauron on Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Ahem. Trammel.

Kylock

Post by Kylock »

brandonsantacruz wrote:Ahem. Trammel.
Doesn't really make sense what you said?

Falx

Post by Falx »

I dont think anyone wants any major changes like you are thinking, the only thing that I see people asking to change, are things that have to do with t2a era gameplay.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

nothing wrong with era accuracy changes... if things werent always being changed to make them era accurate until its 100% then youd have a basic runuo server called t2a... accuracy changes are necessary. It will get there eventually.
presenting something with proof for the betterment of the server shouldn't be frowned upon. Fighting against an accuracy change because it hinders you should be.

Sauron

Post by Sauron »

It's T2A as if the technology back then didn't suck. It's as osi intended. T2a servers these days are better than the originals.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Great thread, and much appreciated.
Sauron wrote:It's T2A as if the technology back then didn't suck. It's as osi intended. T2a servers these days are better than the originals.
Aye. Items like AI pathing very much apply here. OSI increased the pathing as the power to do so became available. When I started on OSI mobs couldn't circumnavigate a table, and by the END of T2A they were pretty advanced in addition to breaking boxes, opening doors..

SUPERzarqawi

Post by SUPERzarqawi »

I agree except for the macer thing.. tourneys are events to draw out the best skilled PVPer's, not the most advantageous templates.. allowing changes to tourneys is hardly nerfing the game either.. tourneys are unique to every shard, and should be so.
Blackfoot that comment doesn't fit my memory..

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

i remember macer mages owning what shard did u come from?

SUPERzarqawi

Post by SUPERzarqawi »

catskills, i dont even remember a macing mage 0.o