Poll: Do you Dry-Loot?

Topics related to Second Age

When looting a player:

I dry loot. Empty corpse for you.
34%
I cherry-pick the valuables, and just take bags to examine later.
61%
Other (please explain)
5%

Total votes: 56

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Poll: Do you Dry-Loot?

Post by Duke Jones »

I would like to know the reasons why this is so popular.

Seriously, do you really have any need, or desire for the worthless junk in someone's backpack (sextant, fishing pole, heating stand, normal axe for wood chopping, normal books, etc.)

Please post what you do and why you do it in regard to player-looting.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

fatmagic

Re: Poll: Do you Dry-Loot?

Post by fatmagic »

If I have the chance (I don't PK, but I won't turn down a fresh body if it's there), I never dry loot. Even though I'm a thief, there is a modicum of honor that I hold to when looting someone's body. I always leave the little items behind, and just take valuables & bags. And if the bags contain nothing of worth, I will drop those as well. I would hate for someone to do it to me, so I won't do it to them.

Just my 2cp.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Depends who it is
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

zzyzx
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by zzyzx »

I dry loot because I can use ALL of those items.

Clothes? You betcha. I often like to wear the clothes of the person after I kill them. Or stow them away for when I die and need a quick outfit.

Axes? I chop wood all the time.

Runes? I mark over them.

Books? Never looted one of those.
<Derrick> I guarantee world peace will not be seeded in a UO FreeShard IRC channel

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

When I play my orcs I don't loot much at all.

As my other characters, i only really pick up a magic weapon, maybe some poitions but definatly SOME bandages.

It just doesn't seem too smart to me to dry look or, as someone above said, to loot another so they can't come back.

Look, it's hard enough to find a decent fight why the hell would anyone want to loot away competition when the pvp population is so low.

Maybe, if we start getting some good numbers, that logic would work out but right now, unless they were an ass, when I drop others I'm just gonna restock so we can fight again.

Same goes for res killing. That chump behavior is pretty sad.

Pro

Post by Pro »

anything im currently low on i.e ive got 23 garlic ill take their garlic and leave what i don't need

but i always take clothes.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

zzyzx wrote:I dry loot because I can use ALL of those items.

Clothes? You betcha. I often like to wear the clothes of the person after I kill them. Or stow them away for when I die and need a quick outfit.

Axes? I chop wood all the time.

Runes? I mark over them.

Books? Never looted one of those.
I call BS on this idea... (Not saying you are a liar, but you would be in the minority to be doing this)

Dry-loot is more annoying to most pks than anything else. It gets thrown in boxes (if not trashed) and probably never looked at again for the most part.

If i need a rune or an axe it is much quicker to just go npc one than sort through 30 boxes in my loot house...

Then again, on a server like this i dont PK for loot..(there are much quicker ways to earn money). Its more about the action/challange/fast pace for me. So if i am actually able to drop someone (which doesnt happen often...lol) i have no problem with taking some gold/reags and throwing a res or gate their way.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Yesterday I killed a guy with a house deed on him, and I pretty much just took that.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Kabal wrote:Yesterday I killed a guy with a house deed on him, and I pretty much just took that.
A red? or in a sub pack?

Wow, tough lesson to learn there...

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Well, it was right on top in his corpse so I guess deeds are not blessed. He even begged me for it back which was quite entertaining.

On a side note I should prolly say that it wasn't just me that killed him, it was my guildies also.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

House deeds are Newbied, not blessed, that means they will drop on red characters.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pat

Post by Pat »

Kabal wrote:Well, it was right on top in his corpse so I guess deeds are not blessed. He even begged me for it back which was quite entertaining.

On a side note I should prolly say that it wasn't just me that killed him, it was my guildies also.

It was M-S that did it, they told a guy that they would let him place a house where one had just fallen but when he showed up with a house deed on his red character they ganked him... lame. M-S needs to grow some balls.

But about the looting, i just try to pick the magic stuff to id later. I will also take regs and if they have a big pile of raw materials then i will take that too. I keep my house pretty organized and i get around to using just about all the loot that i get. I will also res just about anyone i kill, the rule i go by is if they give me a count then i wont res them but if they dont give me a count then i res them and give them back stuff that i KNOW they want back and help them to town.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I was with my guildies (M-S), when Elijah come up, I didn't even attack right away, but then, Elijah starts attacking me. Its not my fault he attacked me, its not my fault he died with a house deed on him. Who runs up to a group of 4 reds with a house deed on them?

This is UO. There is no method of ganking in this game that is lame, I don't care what you have on you. Anybody who cries about losing loot is a little bitch, any time you ever catch me crying about losing fat loot, your welcome to call me a little bitch as well.

Pat

Post by Pat »

no ones crying... but ill just call you a lil $%@$# anyways. From what i hear... your story is incorrect and you guys knew he was coming because he asked about getting the house spot. Ya... it was stupid for him to come on a red.

your a lil biotch :) dont know why u brought up that... and how is ganking not on the lame side of uo? i pk solo almost 100% of the time

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I had no idea he was coming, I'd never even heard of that guy. It's not like we sit at a round table discussion and talk about our relationships with other players and what they are doing.

The course of events

-I run up and meet some guildies at the entrance to Destard just as Elijah is running up.

-I see "Elijah is attacking you" on my screen.

-We kill Elijah and I get his house deed.

. . .end of story, I think I remember it a little better than you, you weren't even there.