Cooking

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
brandonsantacruz

Cooking

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Can we have a success message for cooking like we have for other crafting skills? Anyone else w/cooking suggestions?

ironfistmax

Re: Cooking

Post by ironfistmax »

People use this skill? :|

brandonsantacruz

Only when really, really bored. Also, I macroed med and fishing with one char at the same time, so I ended up with 1,000's of fish steaks. It is pretty worthless when you could just go kill something and buy food (if it's needed at all) with some of the money. I am practically at GM Detect Hidden and GM Tracking, maybe that says something, I dunno :mrgreen:

Next, Forensic Evaluation and Remove Traps.. I was an expert cartographer before it even did anything :)

qtip

Post by qtip »

Who wouldn't want their name on a cake?

brandonsantacruz

Damn forgot Taste Identification, because you never know when you might unexpectedly bite into a deadly poisoned cupcake...

brandonsantacruz

Now that cooking cooks a whole stack of ingredients, I'm getting very little in the way of skill gain. How am I to get GM cooking?? Just did like 5k fish steaks with 0 gain at 65 cooking. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice feature, but skill gain is going to be even more tedious breaking big stacks down into individual pieces. Is there any way that gain could be related to how many you cook at once as well as success/failure?

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

Sounds like you don't want to do any work period.

platy

Post by platy »

why dont u use those nifty "restock agents" which have become so popular.. put the steaks in a bag, go to oven.. make restock agent set at 1 fishsteak and target bag as restock bag.. viola- single steak cooking

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

platy wrote:why dont u use those nifty "restock agents" which have become so popular.. put the steaks in a bag, go to oven.. make restock agent set at 1 fishsteak and target bag as restock bag.. viola- single steak cooking
aye, that's how i did it, macroed dragging one off a pile and cooking it. That was the memory that was jarred loose when somone mentioned cooking full stacks.

brandonsantacruz

platy wrote:why dont u use those nifty "restock agents" which have become so popular.. put the steaks in a bag, go to oven.. make restock agent set at 1 fishsteak and target bag as restock bag.. viola- single steak cooking
Hm, I'll try that next time. Thanks!

brandonsantacruz

ironfistmax wrote:Sounds like you don't want to do any work period.
The fish don't seem to be biting here... :arrow: