Is everything here T2A?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
randale

Is everything here T2A?

Post by randale »

When were the crafting menu's added (rather than choosing an icon per thing you wanted to create) This would be just for convenience, so I know what my chance is to make a given item. Also, what about the vendor pop up menu's when you single click on them?

I read the post about making GMing a tamer in a few days. This definitely wouldn't be T2A, as it took 3 months to GM a tamer. Though I'm macroing hiding right now and it's taking me quite a while, a lot longer than I thought.

randale

Re: Is everything here T2A?

Post by randale »

Also, what about server maintenance, when do you take it down each day for such, if you do.

qtip

Post by qtip »

randale wrote:When were the crafting menu's added (rather than choosing an icon per thing you wanted to create) This would be just for convenience, so I know what my chance is to make a given item. Also, what about the vendor pop up menu's when you single click on them?
All of this was put in after the T2A period. You'll never see the "new" menu gumps on 2nd age.
randale wrote:I read the post about making GMing a tamer in a few days. This definitely wouldn't be T2A, as it took 3 months to GM a tamer. Though I'm macroing hiding right now and it's taking me quite a while, a lot longer than I thought.
Skill gain is the most era accurate I've ever seen. Try crafting or even taming, yourself to see.
randale wrote:Also, what about server maintenance, when do you take it down each day for such, if you do.
Last save is around 7am EST every day. Never sat there and checked but it doesn't ever seem to take more than 15 minutes.

randale

Post by randale »

This is what I was referring to. http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=976 though he did lots of taming in a very short time period. I wonder how he has so much time on his hands. Do any staff members have a full time job running this server, one they actually make a living off of?

qtip

Post by qtip »

read the whole post
alatar wrote:Storm's guide is not accurate by the time. What he neglects to tell you is that it took him several hours with the help of friends to pre-tame these bulls. He didn't include the time it took to setup for the taming macro. All "hundreds" of those bulls we're already set up in the delucia healers before he started. Also you have to keep in mine he already has a gm tamer, so he can tame himself pretames. I know this because I used all his tames to get my tamer to 96. All this talk about getting gains from dragons & mares is false.

No disrespect, just truth.
edit: O, and i bet derrick wishes he could live off us :D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

randale wrote:Do any staff members have a full time job running this server, one they actually make a living off of?
It's a full time job, but no we don't make any money, this is purely altruistic for the staff.

~|~Damaja
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by ~|~Damaja »

some skills are definetely easier to gain here then original t2a. Like taming for example gains off failed taming attempts, there is also alot more spawn in the world then there was in t2a. monsters and animals so more stuff to tame. Alot of the skills just gain abit faster becasue you gain on fails. Also some skills here gain passively or gain from related skills unlike original t2a. I don't know if these will ever be changed. But the skill gain is still nice and slow compared to other servers out there. This just isn't as hard as original t2a. More like somewhere in the middle :)

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

~|~Damaja wrote:some skills are definetely easier to gain here then original t2a. Like taming for example gains off failed taming attempts, there is also alot more spawn in the world then there was in t2a. monsters and animals so more stuff to tame. Alot of the skills just gain abit faster becasue you gain on fails. Also some skills here gain passively or gain from related skills unlike original t2a. I don't know if these will ever be changed. But the skill gain is still nice and slow compared to other servers out there. This just isn't as hard as original t2a. More like somewhere in the middle :)
personally i think its perfect.

randale

Post by randale »

qtip wrote:
randale wrote:When were the crafting menu's added (rather than choosing an icon per thing you wanted to create) This would be just for convenience, so I know what my chance is to make a given item. Also, what about the vendor pop up menu's when you single click on them?
All of this was put in after the T2A period. You'll never see the "new" menu gumps on 2nd age.
I'm just wondering why people prefer not to have them. I like T2A, but don't care about the original gumps, that's not a reason I play T2A. Wouldn't you like it better, just so you could know what your chances are to make an item, (Rather than taking a shot in the dark) or what a vendor can teach you, rather than having to type the commands?
Stratics probably has a smithing calculator that can help you with this, but we don't know what expansions it takes into account when it's talking about it.
Last edited by randale on Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

randale

Post by randale »

Derrick wrote:
randale wrote:Do any staff members have a full time job running this server, one they actually make a living off of?
It's a full time job, but no we don't make any money, this is purely altruistic for the staff.
So do you have jobs that you work that you do make money in? Does this mean you work 2 full time jobs, 80 hours a week?

ironfistmax

Post by ironfistmax »

randale wrote:
Derrick wrote:
So do you have jobs that you work that you do make money in? Does this mean you work 2 full time jobs, 80 hours a week?
I don't think Derrick spends 40 hours a week on his shard. :lol:

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

id say he spent at least 30 hours a week on the shard, but then when he is at work, i bet he does research when he has nothing else to do etc...

Clyde-

Post by Clyde- »

I bet he has a helicopter.
-cr3w-

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

I read the post about making GMing a tamer in a few days. This definitely wouldn't be T2A, as it took 3 months to GM a tamer. Though I'm macroing hiding right now and it's taking me quite a while, a lot longer than I thought.
The time frame for GM'ing tamer is accurate.

It took me about 3 weeks from the time I bought the game to GM taming and even had time to have 95+ mining on the same character.

That's right. "The Illustrious Onslaught, Master Miner".
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

Mr.T

Post by Mr.T »

randale wrote: I read the post about making GMing a tamer in a few days. This definitely wouldn't be T2A, as it took 3 months to GM a tamer. Though I'm macroing hiding right now and it's taking me quite a while, a lot longer than I thought.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA try taming for yourself mate:P You'll see it is not a fast gain