Magery     || Traveling
Wrestling  || Resist
Swords     || Defence
Tactics    || Defence
Hiding      || Defence
Self Sufficent Resource gatherer.
Magery for Travel
Wrestling for Interupts
Sword/Tact for fighting back.. Or maybe Macing instead of swords?
Hiding for ... Hiding
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Rhaps

Re: Resource Gathering Template!?

Post by Rhaps »

Looks good. I'd probably drop Hiding for Eval Int or Magic Resist (maybe even a 50/50 split) seeing as you can always invis yourself with magery if need be. More powerful spells and a bit of resist would probably benefit the dungeon miner more. You hardly need any defenses for lumberjacking and if you're so inclined you can harvest as much as you need within gaurd zones anyway.

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

Mining
Lumberjack
Tinkering
Hiding
Magery
Med
Wrestling

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

As I always wont be mining and smithing on my blacksmith I made him a scout as well to give him another job besides outfitting the crew. He stays in stealth the whole time in dangerous areas and although slower is ultruistically safe as long as he remains hidden.

I dont mind him dying if he doesnt make it back alive on other missions (which has yet to happen) as he packs light when he does.

A typical scout (Such as malice's Panpipe) would have these skills I changed music and provo to blacksmithing and mining.

Musicianship
Provocation "Should you die on your main and need to control the spawn"
Detect hidden
Stealth
Hiding
Tracking
Magery

If ever players are playing king of the mountain in Minoc monopolizing on resources, having their miners mine and their Pks killing miners, I'd have some skills that could benefit in that game. Of course that's only one use for him. Panpipe is the ideal template for your typical dungeon scout however.

Usually I mine around the mountain and closer to town as normal, perhaps even having a packhorse. In areas where Pk activity and thievery is high however I will have my horse stay nearby as I stealth mine returning to it when its faster to jump on my horse and smelt the ore. If there is a forge in an area not close to town such as the mountain top or outside Minoc however I will stealth mine the whole time.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Return to “New Player Help”