Balancing out CTF ect.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
virtue

Balancing out CTF ect.

Post by virtue »

Why not just have randomized teams, why allow people who have guilds to join one side and then sync dumps in ventrilo?

This really isn't fair.

Just played a CTF and we didn't gain one goal because one side had 4-5 people from one guild in it. They outcrosshealed everyone and were obviously in ventrilo and also did sync dumping.

Just a thought, events should be randomized....not like this.

Everyone should have to work together, people want to just give up halfway through the fight when they see 4-5 people in the same guild teaming up.

There was 3-4 AFK's this CTF, really frustrating to say the least when you're trying to win.

Tron

Re: Balancing out CTF ect.

Post by Tron »

virtue wrote:Why not just have randomized teams, why allow people who have guilds to join one side and then sync dumps in ventrilo?

This really isn't fair.

Just played a CTF and we didn't gain one goal because one side had 4-5 people from one guild in it. They outcrosshealed everyone and were obviously in ventrilo and also did sync dumping.

Just a thought, events should be randomized....not like this.

Everyone should have to work together, people want to just give up halfway through the fight when they see 4-5 people in the same guild teaming up.

There was 3-4 AFK's this CTF, really frustrating to say the least when you're trying to win.

It's set up so that guild members are always on the same team. It's not the guilds fault that the other team cannot mount a competent defense. The way it is now, is how it should be. You should of course be playing with your guild mates.
virtue wrote:
This really isn't fair.
Fair is for trammel.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

virtue

Post by virtue »

It's set up so that guild members are always on the same team. It's not the guilds fault that the other team cannot mount a competent defense. The way it is now, is how it should be. You should of course be playing with your guild mates.
It would make more since for a server like UOSA with low population to have randomized teams.

Why let the few active guilds horde all the silver?
Fair is for trammel.
Not even trammel is fair, if someone loots your bones or talks trash to you then you can't kill them.

I think it should be changed, but until then I'll just be like everyone else and wait until I see a pvp guild queue up then I'll hop on that team.

Gotta make my silver somehow.

With the current pvp mechanics it's hilarious how 1 person can't make a difference in a fight. Not even 2, but pvp mechanics are another story and another thread.

Tron

Post by Tron »

virtue wrote:
I think it should be changed, but until then I'll just be like everyone else and wait until I see a pvp guild queue up then I'll hop on that team.

I can agree with that, the way it is right now, mym fields a good number of decent pvpers that use ventrillo. No other guild is doing this here. And yes, when they're online in an event, the opposing team of random, uncoordinated players is at a serious disadvantage. I've been on teams against them multiple times. My own teammates not healing me when I'm carrying the flag to score, people healing me when I shout "DONT HEAL ME". Nobody loading for synchs on flag carriers. It's very frustrating. About 90% of those games I come in first on the losing team. And if only a few of the other players had better awareness, we could have done much better. The player base is small, and just one solid team can change the course of battles here.
Start a guild, or join one, and practice.

The problem isn't the games rules, it's the players not playing well. One team is executing a coordinated strike on flags/kills through voice chat, while the other is mostly running around with their heads cut off. This is the players fault, not the rules. One team is simply better than the other because they practice, they are a team.

Changing stuff like this for reasons like "fairness" and "balance" is evil.

The right way to deal with getting your ass kicked is to start kicking some ass of your own. Bitch about it, sure, whatever "that was the shittiest ctf I've ever played" I seem to say that in iirc after every ctf I lose. It's not "fair" but noone said it should be, and you're not powerless to stop it. Removing players right to be on the same team with their guilds is the wrong suggestion.
V SISTERS UNITE! SAVING OUR VAJAYJAYS FOR SOMEONE SPECIAL!

virtue

Post by virtue »

We need to make guides for CTF on the forums and put click-able gumps in the CTF sign-up area that states "tips" and "rules" so people understand.

Including the "refreshing flag" thing.

That way people will have a clue lol.

Duke Jones
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Duke Jones »

Perhaps a specialized "Guild vs. Guild" Tourney that automatically set up teams by guilds.

Then the other tourneys are should be completely randomized.
"When you remove human error, accuracy, and speed, you remove the human element."

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I think guilds in events being on the same team is fine...we don't want to over carebear everything.

The main issue is resetting the flag, once that is gone things will be a lot more balanced.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

virtue

Post by virtue »

Hemperor wrote:I think guilds in events being on the same team is fine...we don't want to over carebear everything.

The main issue is resetting the flag, once that is gone things will be a lot more balanced.
I agree, mainly because only guilds and mainstream players are aware of it.

Derrick, we need change!

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

I agree that we shouldn't set people up randomly but i want there to be a limit to how many times you can change teams. My teams up and leaves me to join other players like 10 times before the game starts.

Same thing with 2 v 2 tourneys. SOmeone joins my team on an alt and basically leaves and sets me up to die first round. I know i suck but i deserve a chance ffs.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

Removing the reset ability in ctfs is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. Resetting the flag is a tactic to both score and prevent another team from scoring. I see absolutely 0 advantage to removing this feature.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

HI IM MIKE wrote:Removing the reset ability in ctfs is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. Resetting the flag is a tactic to both score and prevent another team from scoring. I see absolutely 0 advantage to removing this feature.
x2.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

As far as I know it is random, I will be the first name up on a team next thing you know I am on another one. If it is because it's generated by guilds as priority rather then by player this will result in afk event sitting or other such nonsense. If I even being first on the list am being shuffled around then everyone else should be too.

Now there might be some dirty tricks where even on alternate teams it's more about the guild coming back with more then it is about winning for your team.

Grief those people :twisted:
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.