Cutting Bandages

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Sentinel

Cutting Bandages

Post by Sentinel »

" ▪ Bandages will now automatically stack when you make them. There will also only be one type created (instead of two types that do not stack together, like now)."

Since this is the only Line (to my knowledge) that was used to support bandages being cut one at a time, I'd like to point out this could have easily meant that two separate stacks of, say 5 yards of cloth, did not automatically stack when you used a pair of scissors on them. Not sure how many "types" of bandages were ever created either. Please feel free to add to this to support the argument that during the Era bandages were only cut one at a time aside from the "I remember" line. One could say that there's a 50/50 chance that either one of us is wrong if this is the only evidence but I don't really see where the precedent for the bandage change is. I know people are more than willing to scour the after-target-date Patch Notes for a Line showing that, in some manner, "Bandages now cut wholly instead of singly". If that one's already been found feel free to post it here to clear up any further discussion on the issue. Happy Patch Hunting.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cutting Bandages

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Well also I think there is two different hues for cloth made isn't there.
Bloody wool and regular wool are two different hues aren't they?
I know dying cloth makes them stack in different stacks but what about bandages that have been made from undyed cloth of different hues?
Last edited by archaicsubrosa77 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Faust

Post by Faust »

That was not the patch that supported the change for this...

This particular patch note that you mentioned above allowed bandages to stack with each other to create one item with an amount. Before this patch bandages did not stack like other items such as gold and reagents.

Trust me it's accurate but if you don't want to believe me feel free to search for it.

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

archaicsubrosa777 wrote:Bloody wool and regular wool are two different hues aren't they?
Then that means, accordingly, that bloody and non-bloody bandages should stack when those separate yards of cloth are cut too. Either way the line doesn't make any sense considering there are plenty of different color hues available to use and that's the only manner I think they could have meant "type" when they wrote that.
Faust wrote:That was not the patch that supported the change for this ... Before this patch bandages did not stack like other items such as gold and reagents.
This particular patch note that you mentioned above allowed bandages to stack with each other to create one item with an amount. Before this patch bandages did not stack like other items such as gold and reagents.[/quote]

Actually...that's exactly the Line used to support this change. I read the discussion myself. Bandages did stack before the aforementioned change in UOSA's mechanics as can be noted via the ability to scrutinize the alphanumeric symbols in the language used to discuss. Why would you say such an absurd and wrong thing :P

If it's accurate why are you lying to me?

:lol:

Faust

Post by Faust »

Well you must be looking in the wrong discussion of the topic...
Server Publish Mar 14 2001 6:55PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_321.html wrote: Bandage Creation Changes
Players can cut multiple bandages at once using the following manner:
Players place an amount of cloth in their backpack. The cloth must be in a player’s backpack to be cut into bandages.
When scissors are used on the stack, it will be cut into a stack of bandages equaling the amount of cloth that was in the stack being cut.

Just like I said...
Faust wrote:Trust me it's accurate but if you don't want to believe me feel free to search for it.

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

Thanks for that but it still doesn't change the fact that you said bandages didn't stack before that change when they, in fact, did but it's all the same :P

Faust

Post by Faust »

There is a major difference between 1 bandage stacking compared to 60,000 after cutting in one setting.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I remember cutting mass bandages and suiciding because they stacked upon death
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

I just have 3 characters cutting, lifting by type(w/razor haha), and dropping into a chest they are all surrounding. Make 4ooo bandages in about 15-20 minutes.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Faust

Post by Faust »

I would suggest throwing the cloth on the floor and simply cut it right there... The bandages fall to the ground and stack automatically. If you do this with multiple characters it doesn't take much at all to cut a huge stack.

Shea

Post by Shea »

Faust wrote:Well you must be looking in the wrong discussion of the topic...
Server Publish Mar 14 2001 6:55PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_321.html wrote: Bandage Creation Changes
Players can cut multiple bandages at once using the following manner:
Players place an amount of cloth in their backpack. The cloth must be in a player’s backpack to be cut into bandages.
When scissors are used on the stack, it will be cut into a stack of bandages equaling the amount of cloth that was in the stack being cut.

Wait, this publish was in March 2001. I thought the target cutoff date was November 1999?
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones

Faust

Post by Faust »

Shea wrote: Wait, this publish was in March 2001. I thought the target cutoff date was November 1999?
That is the target cutoff date and the March 2001 date is the very reason bandages only cut one at a time...

Shea

Post by Shea »

Faust wrote:
Shea wrote: Wait, this publish was in March 2001. I thought the target cutoff date was November 1999?
That is the target cutoff date and the March 2001 date is the very reason bandages only cut one at a time...
Sorry, I misread the publish quote.
[15:52] <Rocks> in sheer poundage Neil Diamond has made more woman horny than KISS/David Lee Roth/The Beatles and The Rolling Stones