Breaking Trapped Boxes

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Breaking Trapped Boxes

Post by Fwerp »

I am pretty sure that breaking trapped boxes (with an axe) should not result in the tinker trap going off. Currently, on live UOSA this does in fact happen.

What are your recollections?

Dagon

Re: Breaking Trapped Boxes

Post by Dagon »

why wouldn't it? if you axe a chest the contents of it drop on the floor so it's essentially the same as opening the chest and getting BOOMED.

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

No, he makes perfect sense. Taking a sharp object and repeatedly bashing it against anything that's been armed is a sure fire way to harmlessly disable the cogs and such. Why do you think bomb disposal experts recommend shooting at the explosive device with a high powered assault rifle to safely disarm it?

Faust

Post by Faust »

Pretty sure it still blew up.

I could be wrong though.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Sentinel wrote:No, he makes perfect sense. Taking a sharp object and repeatedly bashing it against anything that's been armed is a sure fire way to harmlessly disable the cogs and such. Why do you think bomb disposal experts recommend shooting at the explosive device with a high powered assault rifle to safely disarm it?
Rifle not sledgehammer lol
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Rabbi Dan

Post by Rabbi Dan »

Fwerp wrote:I am pretty sure that breaking trapped boxes (with an axe) should not result in the tinker trap going off. Currently, on live UOSA this does in fact happen.
I remember the trap not going off as well.

Bigoud
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Bigoud »

I remember the trap going off very clearly, i had a gm tinker and was selling ton of these in the past days
Yew Bank Mall
Everything you need is there ! Check it out on the link below !
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... 859#p72859

Krats

Post by Krats »

http://web.archive.org/web/199911160540 ... pessay.htm
Tactics that DO NOT work to open trapped chests:

Using Magic Untrap on the chest. This will accomplish nothing.
Using Magic Reflect on the chest. This will accomplish nothing.
Using an axe on the chest while the chest is in its lethal exploding configuration (trapped and unlocked), or its unlocked and disarmed configuration. This will make the chest explode and you take full damage. However if an axe is used on a trap that is locked and armed, the axe will destroy the chest without damage to the player. As you can see, the most useful configuration of the trap is its lethal exploding configuration. You can store things in it, but players cannot take the stuff. They blow up if trying to open it or hit it with an axe. A locked trapped chest is basically worthless as someone can just smash it with an axe to empty the contents.
Using Magic Unlock on the chest. This may unlock the chest, but the trap will remain active.
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Teph wrote:chum stole a castle, a f**in castle.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Rabbi Dan

Post by Rabbi Dan »

Nice find Krats; I knew I remembered it not causing explosions, but I guess it was just on trapped AND locked chests.

Krats

Post by Krats »

Glad I could be of service.
I enjoy passing out my own boxes, so I wanna make sure people know how they work. I wouldn't want someone to blow themselfs up :lol:
When you play with fire, there is a 50/50 chance something will go wrong, and nine times out of ten it does.
Derrick wrote:I hate to see this go unanswered, so I can at least say that I read this, and have no idea myself.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

Sentinel wrote:No, he makes perfect sense. Taking a sharp object and repeatedly bashing it against anything that's been armed is a sure fire way to harmlessly disable the cogs and such. Why do you think bomb disposal experts recommend shooting at the explosive device with a high powered assault rifle to safely disarm it?
They shoot from a safe distance because it will kill them if they dont hehe

Sentinel

Post by Sentinel »

That essay isn't dated so how can we be sure it's for this era?

Krats

Post by Krats »

Take a look at the URL
The time stamp is right there 1999 - 11 - 16 ; its within the time range
Also the bottom of the essay it states: Last modified: 11/12/1999 11:56:36

:D

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks much for clearing up this question
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Krats

Post by Krats »

Glad I could