Game running a bit sluggish

Moderator: Support Moderators

Bastionhawk

Game running a bit sluggish

Post by Bastionhawk »

Hello everyone! I'm new to the shard and very excited to be here.
I have only had one small problem so far and that is when the game is actually loaded up and I'm playing. It runs a bit sluggish, not like lag but more like poor performance. My system is good, I run Aion at full settings on it, so I know it isn't that. Is there a conflict somewhere that I may be overlooking? I'm running the game via Razor (obviously), windowed, and with UOAM up.
Just to clarify it is they sort of sluggish that makes the graphics choppy and my char runs at a consistently slow pace. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Populus

Re: Game running a bit sluggish

Post by Populus »

Bastionhawk wrote:Hello everyone! I'm new to the shard and very excited to be here.
I have only had one small problem so far and that is when the game is actually loaded up and I'm playing. It runs a bit sluggish, not like lag but more like poor performance. My system is good, I run Aion at full settings on it, so I know it isn't that. Is there a conflict somewhere that I may be overlooking? I'm running the game via Razor (obviously), windowed, and with UOAM up.
Just to clarify it is they sort of sluggish that makes the graphics choppy and my char runs at a consistently slow pace. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!
This could have to do with many things.
But first of all, check to see if you have "Smart CPU reduction" in razor. If you do, turn it off.
It could be that your system is "too good" for uo. Try using different settings in razor and uo.
I've also heard that it helps to run uo in "Compatability mode for Win 95"

That's the tips I know off just like that. There will be more tips posted here. :p
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Bastionhawk

Post by Bastionhawk »

Alright, thank you very much. After playing with it a bit more I have realized that it runs fine in full screen but sluggish in windowed mode. Any idea what causes this?

Populus

Post by Populus »

Bastionhawk wrote:Alright, thank you very much. After playing with it a bit more I have realized that it runs fine in full screen but sluggish in windowed mode. Any idea what causes this?
Could be your video card drivers. Not sure, but yeah. It could be. :|
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Boudoir

Post by Boudoir »

I'm playing with an old laptop and have exactly the same problem. Each step I do takes time to load graphical informations (trees in the border of the screen appears in grey, and turn green later).

Running UO with the Windows 95 compatibility resolved partialy the probem in windowed mode, and almost totaly in full screen mode.

Return to “New Player Help”