Could explosion delay be upped slightly

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Pro

Could explosion delay be upped slightly

Post by Pro »

More a personal request but it does affect any european pvpers on the shard.

Currently if you ping over 200 it is completely impossible to sync explosion and energy bolt damages, which is a massive part of group pvp, All I'm asking is that the delay is upped slightly to incorporate higher pingers into the equation.

Paroxysmus

Re: Could explosion delay be upped slightly

Post by Paroxysmus »

To answer your poorly worded question...yes, it "could" be upped. Will it?... [e no :lol:
Image Against all odds. War us.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Lag is era accurate.
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Pro

Post by Pro »

bump

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Pro wrote:Can you change the mechanics of the shard so I would be better at PvP?

Faust

Post by Faust »

The delay on explosion damage for the spell is 3 seconds in the demo and modern Ultima Online.

I don't see any logical reason for this to be changed.

Pro

Post by Pro »

I'm talking like 0.2 of a second, just enough for Europeans to be able to perfect sync. Although it was mainly a personal suggestion the same problem will affect any euro pvp guilds that might want to start here.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Well, what would have happened in 1999 if a bunch of people in Europe wanted to play on Great Lakes? :-)

Faust

Post by Faust »

This excuse for increasing the delay isn't valid in all honesty since it's still possible for someone with 250 ping to land an explosion/ebolt exactly at the same time. The explosion spell lands precisely at 4.75s after a successful cast/target of the explosion spell. If this isn't fast casted an ebolt will land at 0.25s after with a possibility of an extra 0.25s increase for a connection with 250 latency/ping. However, if you fast cast an explosion ebolt with precise perfect timing you can have the ebolt land at 4.5s or 0.25s before the explosion spell deals damage. This means if someone with 250 latency/ping fast casts the spell it's still possible for the two spells to land exactly at the same time. If your ping is above 250 this is entirely different story. I still don't see any legitimate reason to change this at all. What would happen if Derrick decided to change this just for Pro and the next guy from Asia pinging 300-400 requested the same thing to suit his needs?

I don't think anything else really needs to be said here...

Pro

Post by Pro »

You're wrong it's not possible I've been playing here for a long enough time to know that it isn't.

Faust

Post by Faust »

The math involved doesn't lie, sorry.

Unless you're pinging above 250 it's possible to land an ebolt in the same amount of time as the explosion deals damage if you fast cast the spell.

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

Pro wrote:You're wrong it's not possible I've been playing here for a long enough time to know that it isn't.
You've also played here long enough to know the delay ain't changing unless you find proof its inaccurate.

Failivrin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Failivrin »

Im from Sweden, I have an avg Ping of 108 ms, I would never ever play with 200+ ping. Trace your rute, find the bottleneck, look up other ISP options, thats what I did. The timer wont change.
Here exists only one rule, do what ever you want, using any means possible, welcome to UOSA.
- Regards, Failivrin aka Kheran, Nazgul, Falasquil

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

internet connections in sweden are considerabley better than the ones in the UK. i lived in england before the summer and i pinged an avg of 180-190 with a decent connection.

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

So what was possible back in the day on a far more populated, cluttered, laggy OSI shard running on servers that more than likely are pocket calculators compared to Derrick's gear, on dialup or primitive cable or DSL, on computers that had less than a fraction of the juice of a cell phone, cannot possibly be emulated with high speed broadband, modern technologies, and a server with an average player load of 500 by European players???

*scrolls down*

Yes. I believe that is exactly what you are saying, sorry, I couldnt possibly believe that I had read that correctly the first time......