NO Reaper Forrest

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Double Vision

NO Reaper Forrest

Post by Double Vision »

Reaper Forrest N\W of Minoc left hand side of t2a ent,

We lived there on divinity and owned the hole area, We were dissapointed to see no reapers there.

I remember the reapers being there back in the day when you used to be able to gm resist of reapers and if u paralized them they could move!!!

just a idea :D

johttenn

Re: NO Reaper Forrest

Post by johttenn »

Bunch of reapers northeast-ish of yew, won't gm your resist though, find a resist session.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The reapers west of north mines have been discussed before and there was quite a bit of debate as to their accuracy. In the end it was supposed that they either were pre-T2A, late T2A, post T2A, or varied from shard to shard. We ended up increasing the overall reaper spawn in northern territories as a result.

Aye on the walking para-ed reapers, this is something we've been meaning to get in. Worked on corpsers too.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

platypus

Post by platypus »

I don't usually have very much input to add to these topics, but I can say that I'm 100% sure that the reaper forest existed in T2A. I only played on a swordsman and my favorite city was Minoc, so this was one of my main hunting locations. I only played from 98-00 (right after UOR began), so I'm not remembering a different era.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Thanks
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Creager

Post by Creager »

On Baja we referred to this area as 'the spawn.'

Yes, there was a fair share of reapers in the area, although reapers were only part of it. Honestly, the area was so engorged with monsters that it was virtually impossible for single player to farm the area.

I can’t stress it enough, but the spawn rate in this area was complete overkill; greater then any other land-spawn in the game, probably greater then any dungeon spawns for that matter. It was basically a wall of monsters which filled the entire peninsula; hence the name, "The spawn."

After the UO:R expansion however, the spawn was given a face lift and it never looked the same. It was composed mainly of reapers, and hardly anything else; a faint image of its former self.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Gicod

Post by Gicod »

I remember the same thing from Sonoma, the whole peninsula was choked with spawn.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zorce »

I remember this on Sonoma aswell

strut

Post by strut »

Kind of like the precurser of a champ spawn. What would bringing it back do? Judging from the nutters I've so far met - cause total mayhem. Tamers farming, archers on boats and ofc raids. Any treasure maps in that area?

Creager

Post by Creager »

ah ha! i found some evidence of this. if you take a look at the spawn map at http://web.archive.org/web/199910121810 ... atics.com/; You will see this description describing the area:

Location> Strip of land on the west of the Northern Minoc Mountains.

Spawns> Heavy spawns of harpies, ettins, orcs, ogres, trolls, skeletons, zombies, lizardmen, headless, wisps, and various animals.

Notes> One of the highest spawn rates of any area in Britannia, this area is unfortunately heavily hunted and is popular with both thieves and PKs.

Unfortunatly, it doesnt mention reapers. Specifically from late t2a nov99-march00 i remember hordes of reapers in this area (since this were about the time period i would of ventured to the area.) After the UO:R publish, there were only reapers in this area.
Jono | Carnous | Micro

Downs

Post by Downs »

Creager wrote:ah ha! i found some evidence of this. if you take a look at the spawn map at http://web.archive.org/web/199910121810 ... atics.com/; You will see this description describing the area:

Spawns> Heavy spawns of harpies, ettins, orcs, ogres, trolls, skeletons, zombies, lizardmen, headless, wisps, and various animals.

Notes> One of the highest spawn rates of any area in Britannia, this area is unfortunately heavily hunted and is popular with both thieves and PKs.

Unfortunatly, it doesnt mention reapers. Specifically from late t2a nov99-march00 i remember hordes of reapers in this area (since this were about the time period i would of ventured to the area.) After the UO:R publish, there were only reapers in this area.

Used to hunt there on Chessy as well.
RoadKill wrote: "cA" is a guild of trickery, thieves and explosives so be wary around them.
The New Yew Bank Mall! Don't bother shopping anwhere else!
cA's Database of Adventures!!!

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

Creager wrote:ah ha! i found some evidence of this. if you take a look at the spawn map at http://web.archive.org/web/199910121810 ... atics.com/; You will see this description describing the area:

The reapers were put there late '99 (your memory serves you well) in place of the heavy spawn as they evened out the overland spawn and revamped/reassigned the dungeon spawn. The amount of spawn in that area was crazy if you went in alone it was easy to get mobbed. Lake Superior PKs would just sit on the outskirts and pick people off. :)

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Yea I remember the repeaer spawn on LS, you guys are right about it. But it had other mobs too.