Night/Day

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Teph

Night/Day

Post by Teph »

just curious why light levels arent disabled in razor on here? i would like to see people using nightsight potions again it added an extra element to the game and i see no legitimate reason for it to be allowed unless its just not possible to enforce

thoughts?

dexter4321

Re: Night/Day

Post by dexter4321 »

Yeah would be cool.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Why don't we just disable razor entirely since 3rd party programs were illegal in UO?

You know, just suggesting a real change instead of re-adding a minor annoyance back into the game for no real benefit. I can't think of a single time that a fight was won/lost because someone ran out of nightsight regs.

If you ran out of nightsight regs, chances were you had bigger problems than not being able to see as well.

Teph

Post by Teph »

Einstein wrote:I can't think of a single time that a fight was won/lost because someone ran out of nightsight regs.
when was the last time you were in a dungeon with no razor/nightsight?

The most influential of all our senses is that of sight. 80% of all we learn comes in through our eyes. Most of the other 20% is learned through hearing....i wouldnt overlook light levels as something petty and insignificant

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Never, because nightsight is a low-rank spell with low reg requirements that lasts up to 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Faust

Post by Faust »

This change a long with many other involving 3rd party applications is possible but won't be changing anytime soon.

Please refer to the hundred other Razor threads discussing this topic that will explain the reason behind it.

Teph

Post by Teph »

Einstein wrote:Never, because nightsight is a low-rank spell with low reg requirements that lasts up to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
not everone is a mage EINSTEIN lol

Teph

Post by Teph »

Faust wrote:This change a long with many other involving 3rd party applications is possible but won't be changing anytime soon.

Please refer to the hundred other Razor threads discussing this topic that will explain the reason behind it.
to hell with that,this makes thread number 701 on it, maybe after a few thousand more it will change

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

Teph wrote:
Einstein wrote:Never, because nightsight is a low-rank spell with low reg requirements that lasts up to 1 hour and 40 minutes.
You can buy NS potions/scrolls from the same vendors you can buy your NS regs from, for the .01% of the population that likes to PVP in dungeons and has 0% magery.

Teph

Post by Teph »

Einstein wrote:
Teph wrote:
You can buy NS potions/scrolls from the same vendors you can buy your NS regs from, for the .01% of the population that likes to PVP in dungeons and has 0% magery.
obviously, whats your problem man scared of the dark?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Teph wrote:just curious why light levels arent disabled in razor on here? i would like to see people using nightsight potions again it added an extra element to the game and i see no legitimate reason for it to be allowed unless its just not possible to enforce

thoughts?
Disabling specific features in Razor would make Razor required to play.
Einstein wrote:Why don't we just disable razor entirely since 3rd party programs were illegal in UO?
All third party utilities were not forbidden during the T2A era, although some were.

Because of the many threads on this same subject that already exist, I'm going to lock this topic so as to give the other threads an opportunity to be read; if anyone cares to comment further on this please resurrect an existing thread on the topic.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."