Trophy Point Rewards

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Trophy Point Rewards

Post by Hemperor »

I was just thinking about this and discussing it in vent with a few others, it may have been mentioned in the past, but anyways.

We should add in some accurate rewards, things that are no longer possible because they were patched out in our timeframe. Such as:

A lockdown on steps
Looser House Placement (possibly on tower)
Guildstone on boat

Just to name a few, not saying that they would all have to be included but just are examples.

EDIT: These would be accurate because back in T2A you would see these things around still (as you do lockdowns on steps here) because they would be grandfathered in.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

platy

Re: Trophy Point Rewards

Post by platy »

I've heard many times Derrick is scripting a looser house placment patch which if i'm not mistaken will allow improperly placed houses throughout most of the shard..
I like this idea though.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

I think the looser house placement that would be accurate is that you may place over the small dirt patches which are only 2 or 3 tiles big.

The other side to the argument is that it may devalue already grandfathered houses with lockdowns on steps etc.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

Hemperor wrote:The other side to the argument is that it may devalue already grandfathered houses with lockdowns on steps etc.
so pretty much no argument

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

devaluing stuff people have shouldnt be a reason to not make progress :D
i have houses with all those things on the steps and i couldnt think of any reason why other people having that would be a problem
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

There's some quirks to house placement here for sure... but if I remember correctly, "improperly placed" houses can be up against trees, mountains, etc, and can create some annoying land features.

I'm all for ensuring small patches of dirt don't prevent placement... but allowing people to "improperly place" houses on this shard is asking for a sh1tstorm.

platy

Post by platy »

Mikel123 wrote:There's some quirks to house placement here for sure... but if I remember correctly, "improperly placed" houses can be up against trees, mountains, etc, and can create some annoying land features.

I'm all for ensuring small patches of dirt don't prevent placement... but allowing people to "improperly place" houses on this shard is asking for a sh1tstorm.
Well the argument is that it IS accurate.. houses were improperly placed until publish 16 if i'm not mistaken.. even then some of the houses were condemned afterwords and not grandfathered..
I could be off on the patches but allowing certain improper guildines with housing placement makes us replicate the era closer..
I'm all for it! - My house on OSI was improper and was placed in a VERY tight location on Moonglow..

AS for the secures on steps: I think it'd be a great gift from trophies =D

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

I love the guildstone on boat idea.
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Improperly placed houses were part of the era,
places like occlo were completely covered with houses
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

This is actually a cool idea. So cool in fact that I'm going to actually try and get something accomplished.

But also I'm really lazy so someone (or multiple someones) should make a bigger list of things that were patched out of the era for us to consider as trophies.
I'm a chemistry set that makes only firecrackers and smoke bombs.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

BlackFoot wrote:Improperly placed houses were part of the era,
places like occlo were completely covered with houses
I remember that too!

And I like the ideas in this thread, all sound good.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

I miss using body parts and death robes as a "leveling tool" to make terrain accept a house placement. I don't think we should go that far with it though, as if you add that in, I could give a list of another 10-20 "accurate errors" which would basically cause any shard to go to hell
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Watatsumi
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Watatsumi »

I don't think improper house placement is something that should be added. It was also era accurate to have item bless deeds and people running around with blessed vanqs, neither would be good for the shard.

nickhimself

Post by nickhimself »

The blessed items weren't introduced until AFTER our period of era accuracy.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Blessed items were T2a and never seen again after t2a. OSI found bless deeds to be overpowered so they refused to ever do them again. They almost gave us bless deeds for vet rewards but changed their minds at the last second.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson