Era accuracy: t2a through UOR

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should this injustice be corrected?

Yes!
38%
No!
62%
I like my stuff and i see this hurting me in the long run. Trammel all the way baby!
No votes

Total votes: 13

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Era accuracy: t2a through UOR

Post by GuardianKnight »

In T2A i realized that i could place a bigger house , open a gate to a different location while on second floor. Drop the house...have someone come back through the gate and mark up in the air.

I then would place my small house and be able to recall right above it's roof.
This lasted all through T2A until i used it to get an Askchopper password and OSI fixed it in UOR.

On this server we can't even recall to the marked rune without the house placed there , saying it's blocked.

This is a injustice that i hope my UOSA brethren come together to fight!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

GomerPyle

Re: Era accuracy: t2a through UOR

Post by GomerPyle »

GK the house looter

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Era accurate ....and that's all we care about here. That's what i'm told everytime i ask for my all kill thing fixed....
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

r0b
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by r0b »

I am all for Era Accuracy

GomerPyle

Post by GomerPyle »

im pretty sure other mechanics were also omitted that were used mainly for house looting and other huge game destroying bugs

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Quite simply it would be used more as a recall home than a house breakin. How many people would have the forethought to mark in a spot months ahead before someone places there? Besides It's only real use would be for 1 story houses.

This is something that should be here. I could say the stamina bug gives people a better chance kill me . Let's get rid of that. should have to feed your horse anyway.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You've been here 6 months and you only just remembered this bug?

That's nuts. It would have been the first thing I asked about when I got here... if I knew about it :-)

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Mikel123 wrote:You've been here 6 months and you only just remembered this bug?

That's nuts. It would have been the first thing I asked about when I got here... if I knew about it :-)

Well i just recently got bored enough to see if a few things worked.

The ole block the teleport spot from the boat near a house and teleport inside it trick also doesn't work.

Another good one was how you could put cloth on water tiles and teleport onto them and create a road in the water.

At one point i could open a gate in a boat and mark up in the air in the ocean and gate people there, leaving them.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

GuardianKnight wrote:Era accurate ....and that's all we care about here. That's what i'm told everytime i ask for my all kill thing fixed....
You could also teleport up to the overhangs on towers by using a LastTarget macro and standing directly underneath it.

Era accuracy is one thing, but big exploits like this I don't see being implemented.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

hiicha wrote:
GuardianKnight wrote:Era accurate ....and that's all we care about here. That's what i'm told everytime i ask for my all kill thing fixed....
You could also teleport up to the overhangs on towers by using a LastTarget macro and standing directly underneath it.

Era accuracy is one thing, but big exploits like this I don't see being implemented.
Can't protect us from one thing and then tell us that uo is about adapting to other things. We choose to fix some things to protect people and then choose not to protect people from other things era accurate.

T2A is a buggy era and you can't POSSIBLY say it's era accurate without putting the bad with the good. Pretty sure you also couldn't ride llamas outside t2a ....but here we are riding them in the old world.

T2A is an era of duping, house breakins , house break outs, Illegal 3rd party programs that are untraceable for another era, Hacked items that won't get you banned unless they prove you did it. Boat breakins, z axis tricks to do unconventional things, Green acres runes and fighting insanely powerful dragons that kill you in 1 hit for trespassing there.

As i said....Protect us from one thing and it's not accurate.

Lots of things fixed here that weren't fixed until UO: R, yet we won't budge on the DP argument , the ghosting argument, the Tamer argument....hell we don't even budge on the mini heal . Yet here we are with our impenetrable houses and completely conventional inside the box , sand box game.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Mr.Hyde?
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Mr.Hyde?

Bored and being critical.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Mini-heal has user-guide, old references, and code-based support for them.

Likewise with DP.

"all kill" has a couple solid sources, including the taming archive and patch notes.

These issues have... your recollection.

Let's not fly before we crawl or walk. Find the proof, then start talking about selective enforcement and such.

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

Mikel123 wrote:Mini-heal has user-guide, old references, and code-based support for them.

Likewise with DP.

"all kill" has a couple solid sources, including the taming archive and patch notes.

These issues have... your recollection.

Let's not fly before we crawl or walk. Find the proof, then start talking about selective enforcement and such.

*tries to duck out of the way of you trying to urinate on my head*

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

TTIWWOLAD

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT LINK AND DOCUMENTATION.

K THX BYE