NPC hireling "UO days" appear incorrect

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

NPC hireling "UO days" appear incorrect

Post by Hicha »

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but NPC hirelings don't seem to know what exactly a "UO day" is. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought a UO day was 2 hours real-time.

However, NPC hirelings seem to last only 1/3 of that. I hired an NPC last night, dumped about 4k gold on it (at 101 a day, should've been around 39 UO days or 19.5 hours real time.) I came back about 8 hours later to find the NPC had already dismissed itself.

Could this just be a wording issue, as they're saying "UO days" but are really working 8 hours shifts (hence the 1/3 reduction)?

Any info?
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: NPC hireling "UO days" appear incorrect

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

8 hour shifts :lol:
Someone, I think Matron said that 13 UO days was a full day irl.
I think you are right though, these lazy npcs expect to be paid but dont want to work.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

They collect their pay every two real hours, looking into this to see if they are maybe double dipping.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

punk

Post by punk »

I've had NPCs last 8+ hours on the first 100 gold.

Ive never paid over 100 gold for a hireling, and rarely macro for less than 2 hours. Ive only had one release on me once...
Erik [Hu]

Layt

Post by Layt »

I also agree there's likely something off here. I've hired them for the initial amount, and they stuck around for well over 2 hours. A few times, they complained that they needed pay, so I would dump about 3-5x the initial price on them, and they would say 'i will stick around for another 0 days'. I assumed this to mean REAL days, as it should have been 3+ UO days. As a discrepancy, the next time I started off by initially giving them the 3-5x, and they would start with 'I will work for thee for 1 day'. Def not 12 UO days, or 1 real day.

edit: tested today. 2x initial price said '2 days'... so i dunno

Panthor the Hated
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Panthor the Hated »

I've noticed they dismiss far too early too.

strut

Post by strut »

General pattern I observed is drop several k gold on hireling and come back to find they have dismissed themselves. Drop just a few hundred on them and everything is fine, character still macroing away.

Einstein

Post by Einstein »

I've had hired NPCs stick around for more than one real world day on a single payment of 101 gold. Dunno.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Einstein wrote:I've had hired NPCs stick around for more than one real world day on a single payment of 101 gold. Dunno.
I'll take a guess that they were sparring partners, seems like when they lock on you as "combatant" they never wander too far. (Not that they wont). I dont know if this is already changed, or has changed at all since I last played (8 months??), but the npc paladins from delucia definately quit before earning their gold.