Dexxer/Mage Tournaments

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should we make mage/dexxer tourneys seperate?

yes
43%
no
57%

Total votes: 14

TwoTon

Dexxer/Mage Tournaments

Post by TwoTon »

Id totally say we need to change this because, at the current time i can easily make a med macer, and dominate any tourney. its very simple. so basically why not make it tanks tourney and dexxie tourney.
Last edited by TwoTon on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack

Re: Dexxer/Mage Tournaments

Post by Jack »

90 int minimum

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

We plan to do this though tourney rules. Can you guys also suggest rules in here that would differentiate the two type of tournament?

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Derrick wrote:We plan to do this though tourney rules. Can you guys also suggest rules in here that would differentiate the two type of tournament?
good idea i didnt think of that, 90+ intellegence for mage tourneys and 40 or lower for the dexxer tourney. unlimited food for both tournaments. uhmm ya thats all i could think of and with a little help from jack as well.

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

#1.) I don't have meditation, I'm not a med dexxer. You bring a med dexxer to those tournaments and you will lose.

#2.) Stop crying.

#3.) If these tournaments get changed AGAIN because of my character, you will never hear the end of it from me.

#4.) Stop crying.

What really bugs me is the fact that this is the ONLY event I ever win consistantly. I made that character specificly for the event and even still I still fuck up all the time which costs me the win.

I rarely, if ever, win CTF or Double Dom and surely to god I never even come close in Death Match. The difference is, I don't run to the forums demanding changes to these events just because a mage has a better chance of winning them than a melee.

Man the fuck up, stop whining for changes and make a new strategy.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

Gilgamesh

Post by Gilgamesh »

I don't know what to say about these because on the one hand that would be weird and kind of lame but on the other hand IN MY OPINION dexxers take less skill to play and they are more powerful 1v1 than tank mages (as per t2a at least) and therefore it makes dueling a little silly because the tank has to do a lot more to win than the dexxer.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

i vote this needs a change as well. i always believed tournys should be about mages.

dexers gtfo

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

How about 3 tournaments:
1) Melee
2) Magic
3) Anything goes*

Those are some pretty clear divisions that I think would help eliminate some twinkiness. In melee fights, you may not use any magic equipment or spells. In Magic, you may not use magic equipments or melee weapons (a slapfight with spells?). In "Anything Goes," free use of pots, poisoned weapons, spells, weapons, etc, except for reflection equipment (because it is the cheesiest).
One thing is pretty clear, tournaments will never accurately simulate field fighting because it is usually asymmetric and there are varying limitations on where you can run, surrounding mobs, etc.

Pascal

Post by Pascal »

Too much trouble to script.

Where does a tank mage with only 75/80 int go if they prefer to have more dex?

What about an eval warrior with 80-90 int?

Maybe skills to define mages: magery, meditation, resist, eval and <75 dex

Dexers: anat, weapon skill, tactics, healing and >75 dex

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

the fact is i can kill any mage, on the server in the tournament by simply, precasting Gheal and whacking witha stick... how about you try to make it challengeing for yourself, or else your going to force everyone on the shard to make a wrestle/macer sorry :/

Onslaught

Post by Onslaught »

TwoTon wrote:the fact is i can kill any mage, on the server in the tournament by simply, precasting Gheal and whacking witha stick... how about you try to make it challengeing for yourself, or else your going to force everyone on the shard to make a wrestle/macer sorry :/
Another fact is you keep talking about how you can do this and you can do that using a melee but I have yet to see you do anything but fucking whine like a little girl on these forums.

Nobody on this server used a template like the one I use and if "everyone" on the server thinks they have a better chance using my template, then im flattered. In fact, this is the same template I made back in 2000 and completely dominated factions because of it. So anyone switching to this template would be the smartest thing they could do.

Maybe you should spend less time making bullshit roleplaying stories and more time devising a new strategy and you might gain more ground than just running to the forums crying and demanding changes.
A.K.A. All Skill

Great Lakes Veteran.

Currently residing on the Cho'gall World of Warcraft server.

http://www.vqguild.net - World class.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Onslaught wrote:
TwoTon wrote:the fact is i can kill any mage, on the server in the tournament by simply, precasting Gheal and whacking witha stick... how about you try to make it challengeing for yourself, or else your going to force everyone on the shard to make a wrestle/macer sorry :/
Another fact is you keep talking about how you can do this and you can do that using a melee but I have yet to see you do anything but fucking whine like a little girl on these forums.

Nobody on this server used a template like the one I use and if "everyone" on the server thinks they have a better chance using my template, then im flattered. In fact, this is the same template I made back in 2000 and completely dominated factions because of it. So anyone switching to this template would be the smartest thing they could do.

Maybe you should spend less time making bullshit roleplaying stories and more time devising a new strategy and you might gain more ground than just running to the forums crying and demanding changes.
this is infact a suggestion box not a shit talking one, so i suggest you take your major ego somwere else, i do infact have the same charcter template, ask anyone who has fought king of ascalon, i used it against them it was easy so i made a tank mage, i am merely suggesting something that should be put into play, there were no tournaments on OSI so there for suggestions for tournaments should be made, which is what this post is about. and i have yet to see you give a single valid reason about why this should not be implemented.

Lothain

Post by Lothain »

Last time I saw King he had swords and Parry? You won when the casting times were super slow...

I don't think they should be changed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

TwoTon wrote:this is infact a suggestion box not a shit talking one, so i suggest you take your major ego somwere else, i do infact have the same charcter template, ask anyone who has fought king of ascalon, i used it against them it was easy so i made a tank mage, i am merely suggesting something that should be put into play, there were no tournaments on OSI so there for suggestions for tournaments should be made, which is what this post is about. and i have yet to see you give a single valid reason about why this should not be implemented.
The poll as constructed takes a swipe at Onslaught at poll option number three, albeit jokingly, but that's how these things get started.

We won't have any tournaments that exclude players by stat or skill requirement. When I asked for rule suggestion, I meant thinks like pots/no pots, or maybe even a restriction of usable skills within the arena like Healing or Poisoning?

We could certainly set up some special tournaments that have special rules, and if I could template the rule set than it would make them much easier to announce and run. I expect we'd still have the current tourney style too, how often each would run would have to depend on player preference. We currently do this now with Magic Weapons/Armor, Poisoned Weapons, and Potions. We have the current capability to also restrict spells and skills in the arena, but we wouldn't go any further than that in templating a Mage or Dexer tournament.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

Derrick wrote:
TwoTon wrote:this is infact a suggestion box not a shit talking one, so i suggest you take your major ego somwere else, i do infact have the same charcter template, ask anyone who has fought king of ascalon, i used it against them it was easy so i made a tank mage, i am merely suggesting something that should be put into play, there were no tournaments on OSI so there for suggestions for tournaments should be made, which is what this post is about. and i have yet to see you give a single valid reason about why this should not be implemented.
The poll as constructed takes a swipe at Onslaught at poll option number three, albeit jokingly, but that's how these things get started.

We won't have any tournaments that exclude players by stat or skill requirement. When I asked for rule suggestion, I meant thinks like pots/no pots, or maybe even a restriction of usable skills within the arena like Healing or Poisoning?

We could certainly set up some special tournaments that have special rules, and if I could template the rule set than it would make them much easier to announce and run. I expect we'd still have the current tourney style too, how often each would run would have to depend on player preference. We currently do this now with Magic Weapons/Armor, Poisoned Weapons, and Potions. We have the current capability to also restrict spells and skills in the arena, but we wouldn't go any further than that in templating a Mage or Dexer tournament.
well ill fix it then.