Champ Spawns

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Gunslinger

Champ Spawns

Post by Gunslinger »

Now i know this is now era accurate but hear me out.

I suggest we get rid of the pvp tournaments and bring champ spawns in.

The reason i say get rid of the pvp events is because these events are whats ruining world pvp. It's way too safe for one (which i know 90% of our pvp population love), and there are no consiquenses for dieing(which i know 90% of our pvp population love). I see so many people at these events talking trash on IRC and whatever but i never see these people fighting out in the world. If these set up matches were gone more and more people would be fighting outside and imho the shard would turn more exciting. Now i know alot of you are gonna flame this but that's cool.

Now on the other hand. I don't think "events" should be done with all together but rather changed. What if we had dungeon champ spawn events. Instead of having events that fuel the IRC ragers and ego heads you now have an event in which EVERYONE would probably attend and participate in pvprs and non-pvprs alike. It would create more of a in game social gathering and allow allow people who generally don't get to converse and play with all the time to do just that.

Rewards - Instead of skill/stat scrolls you'de have maybe -silver, some sorts of rares, house decoration deeds...ect.

Also this would be a area where no one can attack each other. Or else you'de have greifers out of the cazoo. I dunno lemmy hear what you guys think. Again just an idea.

P.S. For you that say well this is UO:R not T2A so impossible to do. Well your right but controlled tournys and such weren't T2A accurate either.

Sandro

Re: Champ Spawns

Post by Sandro »

Won't happen.

Not era accurate, sorry. 8)
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

What i want to know Sandro is would you like to see it happen and if so why or why not?

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

No, not really. I think things are fine just the way they are. I think your post is somewhat directed towards you feeling that the current events cater towards PvP players, and are looking for something that would lean towards PvE, or the entire server.

You implement champ spawns, and you'll have guilds of PK's wait until you reach the last tier on the spawn, then raid the spawn and take over.

I don't see any reason why we need champion spawns. If you want to conquer a massive spawn of monsters, then just to the Terathan Keep and farm near the Star-Room teleporter, I'm sure you'll find more than enough to keep you busy.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Hmm you actually took from what i said totally opposite from what i thought i was saying. I probably didn't word it right but no i'm not trying to cater to non-pvp players. I myself really only pvp'd back in OSI days on Catskills. I just wish the pvp was world pvp and not set up matches. It's not about being able to go kill hordes of monsters safely either. I like the risk involved in farming dungeons and reds don't scare me. Also even if a whole guild came in to kill off the last phase doesn't mean they would be the only ones to get the reward spawned in their backpacks. That's all random, it always was. That's also why i said it would have to be an "event" in which you were not able to attack each other, like the current tournies outside the pits.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

There is more than plenty of "world pvp". I am hearing this complaint a lot but I have no problem what-so-ever finding any fights. I find more fights than I am even able to handle at times.

I assume the people making these claims are probably just hanging around Britain Graveyard or a very few select places.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Gunslinger wrote:
....Also this would be a area where no one can attack each other. Or else you'de have greifers out of the cazoo. I dunno lemmy hear what you guys think. Again just an idea.

I was "with you" up until I saw this part of your post. We already have "Champ Spawns" - they are called Dungeon Crawls, almost on a weekly (3 times a month easily) basis, certain dungeon spawns get beefed up. A few weeks ago the Lich Lord room was spawning clusters of 5 liches & lich lords nonstop for about 2 hours or so.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Yeah i heard about these dungeon crawls. I've yet to participate in one though i keep missing them. Is there a gate that opens up in town like for the other events?

Just seems like so many "leet" pvprs sit in IRC till they get a server message for a tourny and then log in do the tourny then log out. I dunno maybe i'm wrong.

Faust

Post by Faust »

There is a massive event divided into sub events per weekend being coded by me that one would say "resembles" the champ spawns.

My time constraints are pretty tight, so it has been really hard to find time to this elaborate and large project. It also didn't help when my PC was hit by a power surge a couple months ago. The new PC should be here sometime next week and I plan to continue my work on it when there is spare time.

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Sandro wrote:Won't happen.

Trammelized 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments aren't era accurate either.

We wouldn't be catering to pvmers by taking away tournaments. Rather we'd be catering to the real pvpers instead of the trammelites who can only be found in trammel zones talking shit such as Luca Blight and the other idiots.

Germ

Post by Germ »

I would really like to see "champ" spawns of some sort implemented or expanded upon. I would want them to be in the existing dungeons. Full pvp/pvm just take the existing spawn that inhabits an area and double or triple it or more. Than make announcements that for the next X hours a spawn in a certain dungeon is threatening to overtake the whole area. Let the players go wild and have fun.

Maybe what Faust is working on would resemble this, and I would be all for it...basically making one particular dungeon a hotspot for a while. You could have enemies drop trophies/silver, or not, wouldn't particularly make a difference to me on that side of things.

Germ

Faust

Post by Faust »

The system that is being developed by me is based on the Ultima lore corresponding for each and every dungeon in game that will take place 'only' during the weekends due to accuracy related issues. This system will be in a 'progressive' state(this part resembles the champ spawns) from beginning to the end for each level of the dungeon. There will be familiar foes from the Ultima series at the end(this also resembles the champ spawns) that you must vanquish. This won't be an easy task at all, trust me.

There will be an elaborate rewarding system in place based on specific conditions too.

The main objective with this idea is to add more content that will bring ALL groups of players together such as PVM, PVE, PVP, and even the PK's into a centralized location for a pre-determined amount of time(weekends).

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Psilo wrote:
Sandro wrote:Won't happen.

Trammelized 1v1 and 2v2 tournaments aren't era accurate either.

We wouldn't be catering to pvmers by taking away tournaments. Rather we'd be catering to the real pvpers instead of the trammelites who can only be found in trammel zones talking shit such as Luca Blight and the other idiots.
Again, Tournaments are a policy and not a mechanic. It's the staff's decision whether or not these events exist. The argument of it being era accurate isn't even valid, because it's not a mechanic replication at all.

Germ

Post by Germ »

Sounds interesting to me Faust.

Germ

Biohazard
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Biohazard »

we could have champ spawns... just tell'em its shard policy and voila.. era-accuracy circumvention complete. :wink: