Server lines and going grey.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Dragon Angel

Server lines and going grey.

Post by Dragon Angel »

Hey i remeber i used to run up NW from the brit GY and there was a server line right up by the mines. And if you were on opposite side of the serveer lines you would look grey to the people onthe other side and they would look grey to you. You wernt actualy grey so if you killed someone you would get a count. But i remember going up ther and getting people to attack me and killing them. Anyone else remember doing that? and when this bug was around. i remember it being there prety much the whole time i used to play on napa valley. so 4 years

Plague
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Server lines and going grey.

Post by Plague »

Yea I remember doin that LOL was funny as hell......not sure if it was just that line or all of them tho.

Akanigit
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Akanigit »

There were also animals that would not agro.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

you couldn't do anything to anything that was across the server line until you crossed into the same server. this also caused spellcasting bugs, if you crossed the server line with a spell up, you wouldn't be able to cast anything until your spell timed out. spells with delays will not do any damage if your target crosses the server line with you on the other side (before dmg hits). also, you couldn't give counts if you died on a different server from your attacker - hence you could not recall-suicide, unless it was to somewhere on the same server. you also couldn't attack anything that was on another server - so you could tell the person was blue when you went across the server. i believe UOAM has all the server lines mapped (probably still does to this day)

i don't see server lines as a good thing, rather than what was technologically required at the time to deal with thousands of people being connected to a server.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE