Mounts

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
T.G Cid

Mounts

Post by T.G Cid »

I think it'd be pretty cool if we could mount dragons and such.

ironfistmax

Re: Mounts

Post by ironfistmax »

This is an era accurate shard. That will never happen and thank God for it.

T.G Cid

Post by T.G Cid »

Why, what'd be wrong with mounting dragons? I don't think it would change the game play very much. Only thing different is that you would have a cool looking mount.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

T.G Cid wrote:I think it'd be pretty cool if we could mount dragons and such.
I think it'd be cool too.
T.G Cid wrote:Why, what'd be wrong with mounting dragons?
but we're going for accuracy here.

T.G Cid

Post by T.G Cid »

Eh, I guess so. :(

alatar

Post by alatar »

yayyy !!! :lol:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

alatar wrote:
yayyy !!! :lol:
lol

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

On the topic of mounts...were bola's T2A or did they come after UO:R? *licks lips* Bola's made it sooo much easier for us orcs to get our dinner...not that they are necessary.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

qtip

Post by qtip »

Out of luck there Ronk, bolas came with tribals. Playing an orc with everyone on mounts must be frustrating :?

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

qtip wrote:Out of luck there Ronk, bolas came with tribals. Playing an orc with everyone on mounts must be frustrating :?
Not at all. People provide us with plenty of food by bringing their mounts to the battle ^_^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Thor

Post by Thor »

I really can't wait to see an orc raid... I'm not so much a RPer, but that would be fun...

The thing I respect about the Orcs is that they are willing to lessen thier character (armor, etc) to RP. I HATE talking to one though... I'm not big on RPing speech. RP has always been about character immersment, and the language barrier would frustrate me.

Ohh... yeah... mounts...

Ummm... I like mounts.

keuse

Post by keuse »

when i first started playing uo i thought you could mount any animal and i made a tamer just so that i could tame dragons and mount them
i later found out you couldn't mount dragons and was upset.

And Thor orcish is basically just a handfull of words to learn and the rest are just normal english words spelt differently but if you sound them out you can understand what they are saying.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

keuse wrote:when i first started playing uo i thought you could mount any animal and i made a tamer just so that i could tame dragons and mount them
i later found out you couldn't mount dragons and was upset.

And Thor orcish is basically just a handfull of words to learn and the rest are just normal english words spelt differently but if you sound them out you can understand what they are saying.
Yep, pretty much, with a few exceptions. (www.bloodrock.org). We even did some fun words like "dabu", which means thank you to us but is obviously pulled from warcraft.

Btw, on the topic of mounts, id love to see bola's put in. Granted its not era accurate, but i always loved fighting with bola's. It was always tricky, too, to bola a person and then attack their horse quick enough before they could remount and always hilarious when a cocky mage goes galloping away, falls face first in the dirt, has his horse killed and eaten, and then finds himself surrounded by angry orcs ^_^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

I agree...just because something was not in t2a doesn't mean that it goes against the spirit of t2a...bolas would fit in lovely.

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Eh, Bolas aren't really T2A. I'd say once you get your group of archers together and a para mage, you shouldn't have too much trouble killing mounted ppl.