Myuosa shows online status? Should it?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Myuosa shows online status? Should it?

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I dont recall myuo.com showing your online status. I checked the current version on uo/owo.com, and it does not. It actually doesnt look like it has changed much except for some silly looking graphics in the paperdoll. I'm personally not a big fan of being able to look up "who is online" ect.

Dagon

Re: Myuosa shows online status? Should it?

Post by Dagon »

*shrugs*
it's a UOSA site feature, not meant to be era accurate.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Matron you are good looking...
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

yeah strange topic because it has nothing to do with mechanics in the game itself

put it to a vote
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Teknix wrote:yeah strange topic because it has nothing to do with mechanics in the game itself
put it to a vote
I know that I use this feature, and it effects the mechanics much in the same way ghosting does for PK's ect. I could see how many other professions could use this data to their benefit, which was never possible in era.

Teknix
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Teknix »

MatronDeWinter wrote:I know that I use this feature, and it effects the mechanics much in the same way ghosting does for PK's ect.

my stance on the pk/ghost tactic that it sucks and cheap crutch to use. i would like for it to be changed but i dont expect it.

the myuosa online status is related to that in away, but i think that people use it in a way that should be available to the whole server.

maybe when you make your character public that toggles on a status indicator that would normally be off if you had your character profile set to private. so the online player list would only be filled with public characters (is that a good thing in the long run for server population and community?)
chumbucket wrote:
GomerPyle wrote:chum RPs a thief
Roleplays?!?

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

teknix wrote:my stance on the pk/ghost tactic that it sucks and cheap crutch to use. i would like for it to be changed but i dont expect it.

the myuosa online status is related to that in away, but i think that people use it in a way that should be available to the whole server.
Well, I look at it this way. Ghosting areas (while cheap) was mechanically possible. This online-status feature was not however. I like your idea of toggling on/off with [privatechar.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

yeah it's a strange feature to have.

*checks how many pks are online*
*goes crafting instead*

PKs can even use it if they know the habits of particular players quite well...

AFAIK on MyUO, you couldn't even see players unless they were in a guild
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

I think it's useful for potential players coming to the shard and looking up guilds they find interesting or want to join, check activity and such.
Gone to greener pastures.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

The online/offline status of a player should be an option inside the myuosa site. It should not matter if a character is public or not it should just be a 'reveal my characters online status yes/no' in the myuosa profile area. It should not be by account either but by character.
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]