Item Id and Arms Lore

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Vortex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Item Id and Arms Lore

Post by Vortex »

I thought I remember these two skills having no delay.

I used to use them to see-saw stats and I'm almost positive there was no delay on them.

Faust

Re: Item Id and Arms Lore

Post by Faust »

Delay for those two skills along with several others(anatomy, eval, etc...) were reduced to 1 second in early '00.

This is past our cutoff date of November '99 though.

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Shouldn't anything t2a that is pre-UO:R be fair game? Just curious.

Vortex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vortex »

Faust wrote:Delay for those two skills along with several others(anatomy, eval, etc...) were reduced to 1 second in early '00.

This is past our cutoff date of November '99 though.
Gotcha, I'm bad on the date/times I just remember doing it. And I'm getting old so the fact that I even remember that much is an accomplishment :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Oswald wrote:Shouldn't anything t2a that is pre-UO:R be fair game? Just curious.
Not really, if we pick and choose anything in the T2A era there's bound to be mechanical conflict. We've narrowed down our target timeframe to May-Nov 1999.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Oswald wrote:Shouldn't anything t2a that is pre-UO:R be fair game? Just curious.
No, because if you mix and match you're creating an era that never existed in the first place. For example, let's say you throw something in there from February '99 that didn't exist in January '00 while at the same time using something that existed in February '00 that is after that date. This would be conflicting states that creates an era in itself that never existed. This is why a specific cutoff date is selected and simply ends there with no questions asked in most cases. This leaves out personal bias and choosing of what game mechanics should and should not be in effect on the shard(what ultimately kills other shards).

The reason the current date range was chosen was based on the staff believing it's the best time period of the era at it's prime that tends to be more so in the middle ground. Before February '99 there was no insta hit and after January '00 there is no pre-casting. Both of these features are two of the most famous and loved game mechanics of the era that made it so recognizable and well known.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

At the end of the day, most of the cool T2A Features are several weeks / months before our cuttoff.

UOSA whyle T2A is accually more of a "pre uor" server imo.
[broken image]

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

What about Runebooks?

Faust

Post by Faust »

What about them?

Oswald

Post by Oswald »

Faust wrote:What about them?
I don't remember them in t2a at all - did they come out after EverQuest came out or something?

Faust

Post by Faust »

November '99.

Check out the patch notes here if you ever want to take a look at them.

Vortex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vortex »

Faust wrote:November '99.

Ok, now you are being very inconsistent, when I asked about secures, you told me they were after the target date, but runebooks were in the patch from the same date...but above you are saying you dont wanna mix/match dates cause you are creating an era that never existed. Is that what you have done by taking runebooks but not housing secures?

I hope I'm not sounding like a jerk, but it is very confusing.

Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't make the rules here and I have asked Derrick about this to get a better clarification. My understanding is that the current "guide lines" is stopping at this date(November 23rd, 1999) and picking/choosing from it. I suggested that it would be more wise to add everything up until phase II of the housing changes to be more consistent. Runebooks under this structure would actually be accurate.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Vortex wrote:
Faust wrote:November '99.

Ok, now you are being very inconsistent, when I asked about secures, you told me they were after the target date, but runebooks were in the patch from the same date...but above you are saying you dont wanna mix/match dates cause you are creating an era that never existed. Is that what you have done by taking runebooks but not housing secures?

I hope I'm not sounding like a jerk, but it is very confusing.
The housing system is a bit of a mix and match but their are some severe problems to be had should this ever be untangled.

Search up "CUB PHASE II" in the search and you will find many posts about this issue.

My opinion is to leave the housing the way it is. It's worked now for longer than T2A existed.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, there has been a lot of discussion in forums regarding runebooks, and it could certainly be viewed as an inconsistency. However removing them at this point would be challenging.

We will not be going to the post CuB housing system, nor removing pre-casting on UOSA.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."