Few things in accurate

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
DFresh

Few things in accurate

Post by DFresh »

Why can ghosts call guards and get you wacked that was never in the game. Second you can not even herd tamed animals. Herding a peoples dragons that used to PvP was the reason there never was Tamers PvPing till UO:R. The All Kill command used to apply to all pets, also there was "Pet" Fetch ability where summonded deamons used to be able to fetch loot for you and you simply said "Pet" Drop. I played OSI from 97-99 I quit the time they added Power Hour. The mechanics except the leather there was a very short peroid where med was affected and even when it did affect a 18 leather suit was same as a 30 ar leather invul suit.

Van Raily

Re: Few things in accurate

Post by Van Raily »

I miss fetch.
Gone to greener pastures.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

So just out of morbid curiousity, how many "OSI Tamer Mains" have to come posting before people start to accept that all kill worked and the patch notes are wrong? 20? 30? we have to be up to atleast a dozen players that played tamers and agree all kill worked.

Yet there is not a single person who played a tamer that agrees with current mechanics. Just people who browse internet archives and make speculations based on patch notes.

ninja patch happend for reals yo.

Dfresh as i have probably spent more time searching the internet for proof of all kill, then you have probably spent on UOSA, ill just cut to the chase. We will never win this argument becuase people on this server are afraid of real tamers with pings from todays connections. sissy tears from people who don't mind doing 135 damage in 5 seconds with spells and hally.
[broken image]

Pro

Post by Pro »

another bad players crying about how theyre bad at this game thread?

Yep thought it was about time for one.

Vortex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vortex »

I have played from '98 on (I still play on OSI shard). There was a time that ghosts could guardwhack, it was taken out much later due to an exploit.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

tekai wrote:Yet there is not a single person who played a tamer that agrees with current mechanics. Just people who browse internet archives and make speculations based on patch notes.
There are many tamers from era that agree with the current mechanics, as demonstrated in threads in which you have participated. There is little that we are more sure of than the behavior of "all" -> target commands in era. This has been documented from numerous sources, and no credible information to the contrary has ever been presented.

When I say credible, I don't mean that I/we didn't like it so I don't give it credit, I simply mean printed documentation or reports from any websites or newsgroup archives with a T2A timestamp on them.
DFresh wrote:Why can ghosts call guards and get you wacked that was never in the game.
The OSI Reputation FAQ from era explicitly states ghosts can call guards. I have not seen when a change was made to this, i would be anxious to nail this one down.

See the following previous thread and links within regarding ghosts calling guards:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4674
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pac

Post by Pac »

Derrick wrote:
DFresh wrote:Why can ghosts call guards and get you wacked that was never in the game.
The OSI Reputation FAQ from era explicitly states ghosts can call guards. I have not seen when a change was made to this, i would be anxious to nail this one down.

See the following previous thread and links within regarding ghosts calling guards:
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4674
I remember being able to call guards as a ghost.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Pac wrote: I remember being able to call guards as a ghost.
I honestly don't. I can think of a few times when I was killed in town, and the person killed my horse because we were away from the NPC's and I had to wait 2 minutes to res from being perma.

Vortex
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vortex »

I remember it clearly, and I remember it being taken out. As it was taken out to prevent an exploit, you are not likely to find it in official publish notes (they tended not to explain a change when it was centered around an exploit).

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Your not likely to find most things in patch notes. I would go so far as to say more things didnt make patch notes then did.
[broken image]

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Not that it means much, but here are a couple quotes (from the same thread) of people saying you could still call guards as a ghost as of April of 1999.
(ohh and guards appear when you shout for them as ghost when you have been
attacked and killed...(not when you get looted though...))
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 74ab1d42bb
Your ghost can call guards, btw ... I
hope you ran back and forth in/out of the guard zone and tried this
while the jerk looted you.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... 55e762ba64