Locked Down Items - Usable/Unusable

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Locked Down Items - Usable/Unusable

Post by BlackFoot »

I did a forum search to see if this had been brought up before, i found lots of bug reports/questiosn section results but only one from the accuracy forum

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5507

It wasnt much of a discussion :o

So lots of people say they 'remember' it that locked down food was edible for anyone (from experiences with player ran shops etc)
Lots of people say it was only usable to friends.
Lots of people say it was not useable at all if locked down.

Does anyone have evidence either which way it was?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Faust

Re: Locked Down Items - Usable/Unusable

Post by Faust »

OSI eventually added this feature in with one of the housing phases. I believe it was phase II if I am not mistaken. The owners and co-owners of the building was allowed to add/remove/use from a stacked locked down item.

Edit:
It was phase II...
Phase II (Lock downs and Secures) Nov 23 1999 2:25PM CST - http://update.uo.com/design_37.html wrote: Locked down items can be used in the following manner:
Only the owner, co-owner, and friends of the house may use or take items from a locked down stack.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

A quick conversation I had with Kaivan went somthing like this

Kaivan - 'I remember at Red Devils a friend of mine telkenesised a rare fruit basket eating it. From that point on Items were always locked down so this couldnt happen anymore'

Currently locked down food can be eatn here. So made me wonder..

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I would think that any rule like this would apply to any item in the Onuse/doubleclick or whatever event. In that case, how is it that dye tubs and such are/were usable? I always remember tubs as well as other items being used. It's hard to believe that food had a special rule?

Faust

Post by Faust »

That would make locked down containers into secure containers Matron.

You do make a good point though Matron.

The "double click" function probably was possible in the old system too and only the "dragging" function was disabled for locked down items.

This line here "Only the owner, co-owner, and friends of the house may use or take items from a locked down stack." sounds like it this would be correct.

Food or any locked down item that can be double clicked on the ground should probably be accessible.

Fwerp
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fwerp »

I don't think it was ever categorical, but you could definitely eat many locked down items (though not always with tele). I used to eat locked down dried herbs and I was careful to lock mine down in my shop well out of eating range . But, no, I do not have a link with evidence. I will look into it though when I have some spare time.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by mrbojangles »

I'm pretty sure I remember eating people's locked down fruit baskets, much to their dismay.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Lord Cavewight of GL

Post by Lord Cavewight of GL »

BlackFoot wrote:I did a forum search to see if this had been brought up before, i found lots of bug reports/questiosn section results but only one from the accuracy forum

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5507

It wasnt much of a discussion :o

So lots of people say they 'remember' it that locked down food was edible for anyone (from experiences with player ran shops etc)
Lots of people say it was only usable to friends.
Lots of people say it was not useable at all if locked down.

Does anyone have evidence either which way it was?
I dont know if this helps but I distinctly remember someone making a campfire in a tower and cooking someones easter eggs that were locked down. This was pre UOR.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Is there a list of items that are available to use when locked down? I don't want to walk into my house one day and see all my locked down ingots been used.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Corbin wrote:Is there a list of items that are available to use when locked down? I don't want to walk into my house one day and see all my locked down ingots been used.
As far as I know the only objects that can be used are consumables. Ingots and other materials are fine!

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Psilo wrote:
Corbin wrote:Is there a list of items that are available to use when locked down? I don't want to walk into my house one day and see all my locked down ingots been used.
As far as I know the only objects that can be used are SOME consumables. Ingots and other materials are fine!

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

a list of waht is and what isnt usable is important!

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Something I found strange but I actually have no clue about is that I can not add items to a locked down stack. Can anyone confirm this is era accurate?

EG: I have a communal stack of gold in my house, but if that stack is locked down, I no longer have the ability to drop more gold on to the stack. (that's how it functions on UOSA)
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

What about adding to locked down items? On production shards, I know I was able to toss say, ingots on to a pile of locked down ingots. Here, I have to unlock the pile before I add more, then relock it.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It turns out, you were not able to lock down stacks until the CUB Phase II housing system in Nov. 1999. This makes the stacks discussion kind of moot :/

Generic item definition (stackables):
http://update.uo.com/design_459.html wrote:Generic items (for example, reagents, gold, and ingots)
*Will Add: Still looking for the original reference that "Generic Items" cannot be locked down. It was on UO.com or Stratics.
Phase II (Lock downs and Secures) Nov 23 1999 2:25PM CST wrote:These changes, along with the ability to lock down stackable items and the removal of weight restrictions from secure containers and bank boxes, should offer you adequate room to store your most valuable and useful items and decorate your home.
Another interesting find from :
Treasure maps and more! Jan 19 1999 3:05PM wrote:Locking down a container now asks whether you want to make it secure or not.
However i did find this about using items, on the current Stratics site:
http://uo.stratics.com/homes/index.shtml#lockdown wrote:It is possible to lock down a stack of items, for instance a stack of reagents, bottles, scrolls and so on. Only the owner of the house may take items off the stack, but anyone can use the items in the stack. A locked down stack of items counts as 1 item towards the house item and lock down limit.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."