Acts of Kindness

Topics related to Second Age
Pat

Acts of Kindness

Post by Pat »

Im tired of hearing everyone complain about PKs this and Griefers that... I know there are a lot of people that run into a random individual in the game and out of no where they do a surprisingly kind act.

I think everyone should share there story of that nice kind act, whether it be something small or big.

Ill start:

So i was going dungeon to dungeon working my skill on my lockpicker when i get cornered by a few monsters. I try everything i do to survive and get out of the corner but there was just to many monsters. Then right before i die a blue recalls into the room... now im looted.... damn it. To my surprise he casts a resurrect then walks behind a wall away from the monsters and waits for me. He resed me, healed me, and hid me on top of my body.

Another time it was late in the evening and i had a untamed mare in my house and could not find a tamer anywhere. I was outside my house and saw a blue walking so i just threw the random question out "Do you have a tamer?"... "Well yes i do." He had no problem going to get his tamer and coming back to my house and taming it for me. I thought he was just going to try and pull something to try and get the mare for himself but he did not. I even had a huge mess of loot all over the place including magic hallys and piles of gold; he did not touch any of it, just tamed it and transfered it... now i wish i had tossed him something for doing it but at the time i was worried about the mare.

These are just recent experiences and i have received many more acts of kindness along with witnessing them and doing them myself... I know it happens to people regularly. So stop looking at the glass half empty.

KydVicious

Re: Acts of Kindness

Post by KydVicious »

There are good folks on this shard and it's too bad there aren't more of them. Glad to hear of these things it really renews my faith in UO and this community. I was getting to the point of writing this shard off as douchebag central and suffering through the daily griefing, stupidity and immaturity that has become a hallmark of quite a few players that log in regularly.

CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

Someone should totally form the gulid The Super Friends, and like, Halls of Justice like and all, go around doing good deeds.

/random comment.

KydVicious

Post by KydVicious »

On that note, welcome to douchebag central, crazy joe you're a........jerkoff

CrazyJoe

Post by CrazyJoe »

Hey I haven't done anything here mean yet at all, I've actually been nice! Again, I'm incognito ( and training my pirate )

lownslowneon

Post by lownslowneon »

I give out gold, armor, weapons (magic stuff), full spell books and gate folks away from hot spots to more quiet areas ALL the time...but it doesn't really matter if you toot your own horn.

doh'
:lol:

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17208

I would think things of this nature would count to.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Van Raily

Post by Van Raily »

KydVicious wrote:There are good folks on this shard and it's too bad there aren't more of them. Glad to hear of these things it really renews my faith in UO and this community. I was getting to the point of writing this shard off as douchebag central and suffering through the daily griefing, stupidity and immaturity that has become a hallmark of quite a few players that log in regularly.
In all honesty, it's the playerbase that keeps me here.

I would say the diversity of this shard is excellent in comparison to other shards, where griefing and immaturity are the sole experiences offered. There are quite a lot of shards like that around, and T2A is not one of them, thankfully.

There are shards where the only thing you see in forums is 1v1 leet pvp quips and trolling. These forums are particularly clean of that, in comparison to my experiences. Sure there are shard that have great, helpful communities that are always there to lend a hand and are mature and insightful. They also only field 5 people during peak hours.

Luckily out of the 200+ people here, the percentage of 25-year-old (or older) pricks who never grew out of their teenage angst stages 12 years ago is significantly smaller than some other bigger or unique shards around.
Gone to greener pastures.

tkelz448

Post by tkelz448 »

Well, so far from what I've seen of here, it aint too bad, regardless of the fact I haven't been too far from towns (working on my mule/crafters atm). I've been helped by a few people in town, for no reason really, just "Hey how are you?" I'm doing good, working on .... whatever then just goes to "here, take this, it'll help you later on and save you xxx gold". Also, as far as pk'n goes, I was PK'd a couple nights ago in Moonglow Zoo, actually kind of amusing, I watched a PK help a I guess new pk out, but he was throwin the purp potions on the groups of macro'ers. Anyways, the older PK rez'd me, gave me the 2-3 items I had on my back, asked me to say thanks, so I did, then just went on her way. I found it kind of amusing actually. She was part of K^A if I remember correctly. Well, all in all, just want to say I haven't seen too many cock-bags around here and am actually enjoying the server. Yea.....that about sums it up.

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

2-3 days ago, i withdrawed my hard earned 4.2k and headed of to a vendor to buy a full spellbook. it was empty as i feared. "meh, whatcha gonna do, eh?"

so i'm back in britain, asked a couple of fellas where can i find a reliable player vendor with full spellbooks. one guy takes me to yew gate and takes me to a house (that was FULL of chests in april 1 =)) i said "thanks, i'll come back here when i have the cash." and he just bought one and gave it to me.

i know money ain't a big issue (gonna start farming soon) but i'm still macroing skills. so it was a big favor for me.

saltyclappers

Post by saltyclappers »

I die once, monsters. Killed. Douche came by, take my lewts. I was ghost. He said "faggot." That hurt. Feelings.

Later that day, saw him in Ice dungeon. He cast EV, I flag and kill. Yay! I get twice as much lewts back that I lost.

Justice was served that day. So, moral, what goes around... comes around? AWESOMES!
<Bongy> runnin around on mares actin like yall dont die the only reason crew can run like that is the real pvpers allow it

Image ...I win!

Populus

Post by Populus »

saltyclappers wrote:I die once, monsters. Killed. Douche came by, take my lewts. I was ghost. He said "faggot." That hurt. Feelings.

Later that day, saw him in Ice dungeon. He cast EV, I flag and kill. Yay! I get twice as much lewts back that I lost.

Justice was served that day. So, moral, what goes around... comes around? AWESOMES!
Good job! Absolutely worth it! :lol:
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Ressurection

Post by Ressurection »

I have had quite a few very generous players help me out on this server. One gentlemen gave me 8k when I started and told me to go buy everything I need to start off. Another gave me a bunch of chain for my dexer and 5k.
However, if anyone knew Nublet he was by far the nicest. I met him on the day he was quitting UO, and he gave me his two story on dagger isle, three small house deeds, and all of his belongings. With all of the things he so generously gave me I was able to get my brother and my friend back in to UO. A smooth transition for us all.

saltyclappers

Post by saltyclappers »

Ressurection wrote:I have had quite a few very generous players help me out on this server. One gentlemen gave me 8k when I started and told me to go buy everything I need to start off. Another gave me a bunch of chain for my dexer and 5k.
However, if anyone knew Nublet he was by far the nicest. I met him on the day he was quitting UO, and he gave me his two story on dagger isle, three small house deeds, and all of his belongings. With all of the things he so generously gave me I was able to get my brother and my friend back in to UO. A smooth transition for us all.

Holy shits! That's fkin' awesome!
<Bongy> runnin around on mares actin like yall dont die the only reason crew can run like that is the real pvpers allow it

Image ...I win!

cokomantis

Post by cokomantis »

awesome for the receiver but i don't see how it is generosity.