Housing limits.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Should there be a fix to limit the amount of player housing

Yes
73%
No
27%
Other (Explain)
No votes

Total votes: 71

Mephilic

Housing limits.

Post by Mephilic »

Back in the day most of us only had one account or so at most we could place was 5 houses back then. But now and days it seems like people have about 20 houses and just auction off the land. I realize that owning more then one house and being able to do this is logical. But what im pointing out is if someone can own 15 houses there are going to be people whom horde of huge amounts of land mass. As for a suggestion or fix, im not entirely sure. But i'd like to get some opinions on this. On average if i walk around like 5 minutes i will see around 10-15 small houses that are not even being used but to just to block and save space. Tbh i probably wouldn't even have mentioned anything about this if it wasn't for the obscene amount that this is happening.
Last edited by Mephilic on Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnus

Re: Housing limits.

Post by Magnus »

I agree, you should make a poll of some sort.

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Jeez... Ive been here 3 weeks and have seem 4 of theses posts now.

Yes it'd be nice to have a limit but to what? Its one house per character, which is 15. It sucks that people do that but thats what the game is. People use to do the same thing in the olden days, just not to the extent as on this shard. Housing isn't too big of a problem here. I got a small house 3 days in(I placed), and a 2-story 4 days later(Bought a placed one already for 210k on a payment plan, which was payed off 2 days later).
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

Mephilic

Post by Mephilic »

yes but thats the point to the extent people do it here. the only thing i can come up with is 2 houses per account. 3 accounts x 2 houses would equal 6 which is close to the 5 house limit.

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Most of my characters are not related, and some are downright unsavoury. My blacksmith doesn't want to sleep in the same room as my beggar for example. It's unrealistic that they would all be sharing just a couple of houses.

One house per character is just right. And while there are dozens if not hundreds of empty spots is there any shortage anyway? They may be mostly for smalls but larger houses drop or come on the market for very little over deed price.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

At some point during T2A, the housing rule changed to 3 houses per account. That would certainly be a start.

Honestly, I'd like to see no more than 2 houses per account because we are permitted to have 3 accounts. It might open up some area for larger houses to be placed. I'd be willing to let go of a couple of my own houses for this change to take place. 1 house per account would be best, but I can't see that happening without people going nuts.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Corbin wrote:At some point during T2A, the housing rule changed to 3 houses per account. That would certainly be a start.

Honestly, I'd like to see no more than 2 houses per account because we are permitted to have 3 accounts. It might open up some area for larger houses to be placed. I'd be willing to let go of a couple of my own houses for this change to take place. 1 house per account would be best, but I can't see that happening without people going nuts.
There were no such limits during T2A, at least during the period we are replicating here.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Also, did you guys know that some PKs will leave one account with a ghost in a farming hotspot, so they can see when you are farming there and come attack you?!?!

Mephilic

Post by Mephilic »

I cant help but think there is a serious problem when everytime a house or something falls people place a small house there. Atleast with something like 2 hours per account this wont be as flooded. At this rate housing area will become a monopoly for those who do this stuff.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Just curious... what would happen to those that had 15 houses under your plan?

tenduil

Post by tenduil »

Kraarug wrote:Just curious... what would happen to those that had 15 houses under your plan?
This is the real problem and why this policy probably will not change. The only way to put it into affect would be to compensate or something the current land owners.

I personally don't see a need for more 1 house per account. You should be doing things as a community and if you need more than 3 houses work it out with your guildmates.
WAY to many houses are around that are empty and there purely to hog the space.
Is this going to change? No. Am I going to leave because of it? No.
Faust wrote: Why are you questioning everything when you are too lazy to find this stuff yourself?
The whole approach on your part is rather ironic. Refuse to do the work in finding the information yourself but rebute anything that is presented to you.
Awesomeness

Mephilic

Post by Mephilic »

Well what i would suppose is just have all the houses still there from pre patch but in order to place a house past that point you would have to remove some of the other ones until that account has 1 house space avilable.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Just do what EA did: "This is what we're doing. Yell and scream all you want, we're still doing it. You have X number of days to move all your crap to the house you'd like to keep. Thanks for playing UO."

The reality is that we are all guests on this server. Derrick doesn't have to compensate anyone nor does anyone have the right to demand anything from him. We play here because he allows us to. His shard, his rules, he can do as he wishes. Just sayin... I get a little tired of all the entitlement whoring I see here from people who seem to think they are owed something because they can't seem to grasp that they are the guests and they aren't the ones who make the rules. This isn't a democracy.

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Kraarug wrote:There were no such limits during T2A, at least during the period we are replicating here.
You might want to check your facts again. If memory serves me, it was very early into T2A that they changed it to 3 houses per account.

Kraarug
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kraarug »

Corbin wrote:
Kraarug wrote:There were no such limits during T2A, at least during the period we are replicating here.
You might want to check your facts again. If memory serves me, it was very early into T2A that they changed it to 3 houses per account.
I had 5 houses through out most of T2A.

House own limits didn't come until UO:R. Here is the link.

http://www.uoherald.com/news/news.php?newsid=600