Is it possable to lock pick chests inside town shops?

Topics related to Second Age
Deja vu

Is it possable to lock pick chests inside town shops?

Post by Deja vu »

I was wonder how much skill you need to lock pick chests inside of town or if they are even pickable. Such as all the boxes inside of the Brittan carpenters guild.

johttenn

Re: Is it possable to lock pick chests inside town shops?

Post by johttenn »

Yes, you can pick town chests, some for gold, others for items. It works skill a little, but is not profitable except for a few higher level ones.

When you click on a chest, or strongbox, or pouch in a shop if it says "0 items, 0 stone" or some such, it is not one that is pickable; however, if it just says "A Chest" or "A Strongbox" with nothing about number of items or stones it IS pickable. Be aware though, traps on town chest do more damage, in my experience, than dungeon ones, you have to be a good distance away from them when you cast telekinesis on them. Also, while in dungeons they all have explosion traps, in towns they also have poison traps, be prepared to cure if you are too close and cast telekinesis.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

you can use the disarm trap skill on the intown boxes at a really low level and it works, like 25-30 skill a good investment for a char jsut designed to pick those
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

qtip

Post by qtip »

Disarm trap requires a certain amount of detect hidden though as well to even get the Thief GM to train it. I want to say its 60 lockpick 60 detect hidden, but dont quote me on that.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

50 each,real.

RoboGrater

Post by RoboGrater »

Once its trained, can you drop detect hidden? Or does that make remove trap unusable?