Full Stables...

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Corbin

Full Stables...

Post by Corbin »

One thing that has become a constant irritation is that the Delucia stables are constantly marked as full and I can't stable my pack llamas because of this. I remember that T2A at one point had a limit to how many animals could be in a stable at once, but that it was quickly changed to limit the number of animals a specific character could have rather than how many animals could be in the stable all together.

I keep losing my pack animals because there is no room in the stables.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Full Stables...

Post by MatronDeWinter »

It used to be like that, but now it's era accurate. Each stable has a limit.

Try papua stables, or wait for someone to claim, then stable yours real fast.

Jorel

Post by Jorel »

Corbin wrote:One thing that has become a constant irritation is that the Delucia stables are constantly marked as full and I can't stable my pack llamas because of this. I remember that T2A at one point had a limit to how many animals could be in a stable at once, but that it was quickly changed to limit the number of animals a specific character could have rather than how many animals could be in the stable all together.

I keep losing my pack animals because there is no room in the stables.

So what are you saying? Lets change it all around so you have somewhere to store you pack llamas?

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

MatronDeWinter wrote:It used to be like that, but now it's era accurate. Each stable has a limit.

Try papua stables, or wait for someone to claim, then stable yours real fast.
When was it changed? I can't seem to find it in the change log. Only something about changing the amount of animals a person can put in the stables depending on taming category skills.

I'm not a mage, otherwise this would be more of an option. I'm a smith. :P

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I really don't want to look it up. I'm sure if you search for stable, limit, stablemaster, that sort of thing on the uosa forums, you will find it.

Edit:
I found these two links that are somewhat proof, but that's the extent of my searching.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... able+limit

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... able+limit

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5292&p=42588

Not sure what to make of all this.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Corbin wrote:viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5292&p=42588

Not sure what to make of all this.
This was over a year ago, I belive the stables were expanded since this post. I've been keeping any eye on them myself and this morning there's room in the Del stable, but i'll continue to watch.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Thanks for clarifying, mate. :)

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to tame a ton of pets and hold a monopoly over the stables.

"Oh, you'd like to stable here? Do you have a permit?"
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

Hicha wrote:Sounds like the perfect opportunity to tame a ton of pets and hold a monopoly over the stables.

Ugh, don't even start with that shit. :P

I actually had some yabbo come up to me while mining and ask if I had a permit to do so. He killed me obviously, but I hope it felt good killing a poor defenseless miner. Makes him a better pvper in his own mind I guess.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Corbin wrote:
Hicha wrote:Sounds like the perfect opportunity to tame a ton of pets and hold a monopoly over the stables.

Ugh, don't even start with that shit. :P

I actually had some yabbo come up to me while mining and ask if I had a permit to do so. He killed me obviously, but I hope it felt good killing a poor defenseless miner. Makes him a better pvper in his own mind I guess.
I made a char with 50 archery/50 tactics to attack some guy at Mt Kendall after I saw him dragging 350 ore around.. he had 800 ingots and 350 ore on him. Major score, 1500 ignots for 5 minutes work. Who the hell banks that infrequently? Almost makes me want to make a character that exclusively kills miners
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

nightshark wrote:I made a char with 50 archery/50 tactics to attack some guy at Mt Kendall after I saw him dragging 350 ore around.. he had 800 ingots and 350 ore on him. Major score, 1500 ignots for 5 minutes work. Who the hell banks that infrequently? Almost makes me want to make a character that exclusively kills miners
It's called strip mining, mate.

It's not so easy to go to and from towns to do a drop off of ingots when you're in the middle of nowhere mining. So miners will drag along ore with them while they mine a mountain and smelt it all at once instead of wasting regs/time going back and fourth. It's a bit more risky when there are asshats who attack miners running around flexing their e-peen, showing off their leet peeveepee skills by killing a defenseless miner, but you have to do what you have to do to keep up with demands; especially if you own a shop.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Corbin wrote:
nightshark wrote:I made a char with 50 archery/50 tactics to attack some guy at Mt Kendall after I saw him dragging 350 ore around.. he had 800 ingots and 350 ore on him. Major score, 1500 ignots for 5 minutes work. Who the hell banks that infrequently? Almost makes me want to make a character that exclusively kills miners
It's called strip mining, mate.

It's not so easy to go to and from towns to do a drop off of ingots when you're in the middle of nowhere mining. So miners will drag along ore with them while they mine a mountain and smelt it all at once instead of wasting regs/time going back and fourth. It's a bit more risky when there are asshats who attack miners running around flexing their e-peen, showing off their leet peeveepee skills by killing a defenseless miner, but you have to do what you have to do to keep up with demands; especially if you own a shop.
I dunno, my miner runs around with 20 shovels and 20 pickaxes and nothing else. I have about 20 runes marked at any particular mountain with descriptive names. I can use an idle in-town mage to gate my miner to the forge periodically, smelt and drop off my ingots. It takes all of about 1 minute to smelt 5-6 different types of ore and bank them before returning to work.

And call me an asshat for killing miners if you want, but if I see a defenseless, unprepared, unplanned miner with 10,500gp worth of ingots (1500x7gp), I'm going to kill him with a throwaway character and lose nothing in the process. Nothing to do with e-peen, it's entirely for profit. It's not like I actually go out of my way to look for miners.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE