Lockdowns:

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Faust

Lockdowns:

Post by Faust »

Stackable items shouldn't be lockable through the housing lock down system.
Sam Woodchopper - Feb 19, 1999 4:00am - http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.computer.ultima.online/browse_thread/thread/3615c59f550f0786/2029d4fec39df658?lnk=gst&q=lock%2Bdown%2Brune%2B1999 wrote: "You cannot lock this down" Same goes with ANY item that is
stackable. So: bottles, arrows, ingots, ore, logs etc. are
non lock-downable (I love english).
I think this was brought up before but not for certain.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Lockdowns:

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I fully support this patch!

Corbin

Post by Corbin »

I'm pretty sure this was changed during the T2A era and was opted to go with it, which is a very good thing.
MatronDeWinter wrote:I fully support this patch!
Any house thief would.
Pacific (98-02) - Mystic of FL
Catskills (03-08) - Roo Avery of VIT, T^B
UOSA - Amos Trask/Roo Avery of WTC

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

It was implemented with Phase II of Publish 1:
As part of Phase II, the number of secure containers and locked down items will be increased for most house types. The numbers are detailed below. The total items column is the maximum number of items that can be stored in each house. Designating a container as secure will take up 125 of your lockdowns, regardless of how many items you actually put in the secure container. Note that containers within a container do not have a weight limit. This allows players to forego secure storage for more lockdowns. Secure containers do not have weight limits.

* All Small Houses have 3 and 425 lock downs for a total of 425 items.
* Brick Houses have 8 secure and 1100 lock downs for a total of 1100 items.
* Large Patio Houses have 8 secures and 1100 lock downs for a total of 1100 items.
* Both Two Story Houses have 10 secures and 1370 lock downs for a total of 1370 items.
* Towers have 15 secures and 2119 lock downs for a total of 2119 items.
* Small Stone Keeps have 18 secures and 2625 lock downs for a total of 2625 items.
* Castles have 28 secures and 4076 lock downs for a total of 4076 items.

These changes, along with the ability to lock down stackable items and the removal of weight restrictions from secure containers and bank boxes, should offer you adequate room to store your most valuable and useful items and decorate your home.

You will also be able to lockdown containers and the items inside of them. These items will not be subject to decay once locked down in the container. Saying "I wish to lock this down" on a container will:

* Count the items that can be locked down inside the container.
* Check the available number of lockdowns you have left for your house.
* If you have enough lockdowns available, the system will lock all items down, including the container, and report success.
* If you do not have enough lockdowns available, the system will report the failure and give the reason.
* Releasing a locked down container will automatically release all of the items in it.

Locked down items can be used in the following manner:

* Only the owner, co-owner, and friends of the house may use or take items from a locked down stack.
Good thing to note from above: bank boxes before this patch had a weight limit.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Faust

Post by Faust »

The phasing II house system that we aren't using in November '99 introduced the ability to lock down stackables that also allowed owners and friends to freely use or take from the stack too.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

and since we do not use this housing system, stacks should not be lockable, and bank boxes should have a weight limit?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

MatronDeWinter wrote:and since we do not use this housing system, stacks should not be lockable, and bank boxes should have a weight limit?
weight limit has been brought up before and there was some excuse why it can't currently be implemented.. can't remember what it was though
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Silverfoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Silverfoot »

nightshark wrote:
MatronDeWinter wrote:and since we do not use this housing system, stacks should not be lockable, and bank boxes should have a weight limit?
weight limit has been brought up before and there was some excuse why it can't currently be implemented.. can't remember what it was though
I think it had to do with gold not being counted against the weight limit.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Silverfoot wrote:
nightshark wrote:
I think it had to do with gold not being counted against the weight limit.
ah that's right

gold inside containers counts toward weight limit
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

re:gold, 1998 "Gold in the bank will not count towards weight no matter how deeply nested in other containers it is. "
Last edited by Dagon on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

It's true. this has been on the drawing board for a while now, and was mentioned somewhere else in a recent forum thread, but it's good to get this out there.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

will all stackables already locked down be released? or once released not re-lockdownable type thing
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

BlackFoot wrote:will all stackables already locked down be released? or once released not re-lockdownable type thing
Probably. I know this one is going to have a decoration impact.
:/
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Pro

Post by Pro »

gonna loot so many fishsteaks!

Faust

Post by Faust »

Derrick wrote:
BlackFoot wrote:will all stackables already locked down be released? or once released not re-lockdownable type thing
Probably. I know this one is going to have a decoration impact.
:/
Grandfather pre-existing items? You can't move/use from the stack so it's still taking up a lock down spot and will eventually be wiped out one way or the other down the road. Don't see any reason why this can't be so due to previous policies involving grandfathering in the past. Better than some people risking the loss of some items down the road.