EVENTS GETTING CUT OUT

Topics related to Second Age
lettuce

EVENTS GETTING CUT OUT

Post by lettuce »

ok so i seen the event schedule and i was wondering why like 60% of event got cut only to find out talking to a gm while my guy was in jail for afk macroing minning that they have cut alot of event cause they are not (era accurate) like so many things on this sever are accurate or not i personally enjoy the 1v1s 2v2s ect and was wondering how the rest of there server felt on this issue i could care less for the ctf bag ball ect but im not saying cut them as well just seems like it brings out a bit more ppl then i normally see on the feild the GM also told me i would have to make a post to see how many other ppl felt the same way so if u like haveing the events just make a post also i know i know my grammer is horrid deal with it

Kryptonical
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: EVENTS GETTING CUT OUT

Post by Kryptonical »

The grammer and paragraph structure is horrid and made it hard to read.
Personally I feel like no suggestions/complains/or other 'what the shard should do' ideas should be listened too coming from a person who only does pk'ing, events, and ILLEGAL AFK MACROING.
Why make suggestions on how things should be done if your going to break the rules any way?

/rage

:)

However I do feel that if events are being cut, cut them all uniformly not just particular ones.

Dagon

Post by Dagon »

lettuce wrote:seems like it brings out a bit more ppl then i normally see
because people only log in to do events and get silver/trophies according to the schedule, and don't even play.

cut the events.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Not only do your grammar skills need improvement, but your searching skills aren't too sharp either :wink: :

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18944
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

Dagon wrote: because people only log in to do events and get silver/trophies according to the schedule, and don't even play.

cut the events.
lol?
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Pat

Post by Pat »

I think its about damn time that events are getting cut back. Having nights of non stop 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 1v1, 1v1, was just dumb. It took people out of the world and made those nights just boring. I didnt start playing here to sit in a arena all night and watch duels.

IMO the CTFs and DD are better events because it allows a wider range of people to be awarded with silver then just the L33T duelers who get large amounts of silver from a night full of never ending events.

Populus

Post by Populus »

lettuce wrote:ok so i seen the event schedule and i was wondering why like 60% of event got cut only to find out talking to a gm while my guy was in jail for afk macroing minning that they have cut alot of event cause they are not (era accurate) like so many things on this sever are accurate or not i personally enjoy the 1v1s 2v2s ect and was wondering how the rest of there server felt on this issue i could care less for the ctf bag ball ect but im not saying cut them as well just seems like it brings out a bit more ppl then i normally see on the feild the GM also told me i would have to make a post to see how many other ppl felt the same way so if u like haveing the events just make a post also i know i know my grammer is horrid deal with it
Has anyone ever been far even as decided to go do want look more like?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Psilo

Post by Psilo »

Yes about time!

Arkosh Kovasz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arkosh Kovasz »

Pat wrote:I think its about damn time that events are getting cut back. Having nights of non stop 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 1v1, 1v1, was just dumb. It took people out of the world and made those nights just boring. I didnt start playing here to sit in a arena all night and watch duels.

IMO the CTFs and DD are better events because it allows a wider range of people to be awarded with silver then just the L33T duelers who get large amounts of silver from a night full of never ending events.
/agree

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

if you enjoy 1v1/2v2 tournaments, then host a few as a guild. with events reduced/removed (tournaments at least) you shouldnt have any problems getting people together to play in a player hosted tournament, especially if you advertise a week or two in advance.

if there are SO many people who play and enjoy automated tournaments/events then, in theory, there should be SO many people to host player run tournaments/events... with a little bit of effort.

Cataclyst

Post by Cataclyst »

Dagon wrote:
lettuce wrote:seems like it brings out a bit more ppl then i normally see
because people only log in to do events and get silver/trophies according to the schedule, and don't even play.

cut the events.

TBH I'd rather have those people log in for events then, then not play at all. Removing events won't make them magically say "OH HEY NOW I CAN PLAY THE ACTUAL GAME AND ENJOY IT!".

Not everyone enjoys all the aspects of UO, alot of people hate 'farming' alot hate 'pvping' alot hate 'pking' and alot hate the 'events'. Automated or not, they're fun and provide the shard with some pretty fun entertainment, as well as add to the economy.

Sure, player ran events can do the exact same, but you will rarely EVER get 28+ people to an event, and even if you do it'll get quite tiring waiting for 28 people to fight, especially if lets say half of them goto sudden death *lets just say you have it at 5 minutes*

thats still 14 people, dueling for atleast 5 minutes straight which equates to an hour and 10 minutes. Add in the prep. it takes to get people situted and the fights starting, and lets just say the other 14 equal up to about 30 minutes total you're looking at over 2 hours just to see what one (or two) players get said prize from the event, and waiting that long even to win is very unsatisfying.

My opinion on this also is very unbiased, personally I hate any kind of PvP event, I'd rather field my ass off and lose my loots to random players, then fight in a scheduled tournament, but I have the ability of seeing the other side unlike 90% of the people who only want what they.. well.. want?

I also don't care too much for MHK, but they equal up to about 90% of my fights in the field, where as everyone else just blindly posts comments of removing them, and never PvP. We actually PvP, we know how bad it is lacking. Leave us our events, please.
(10:15:37 AM) mark: wana pk?
(10:15:41 AM) Cataclysm: all mine are dead, sigh
(10:15:44 AM) Cataclysm: thank weezy for one, spanky for the other
(10:15:49 AM) Cataclysm: and a dc for the third
(10:15:57 AM) mark: why u shouldnt team with ethnics

Chaos
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Chaos »

I don't do events .. I even stopped doing invasions etc .. but I don't hate them

The only thing I don't like is the value of silver ..

From my understanding doing events is one of the most profitable things to do in game. If this is true maybe reduce the silver or maybe even make it random like mob loot ..

Anyways I really don't care either way just think that we shouldn't give such a large portion of the eco. to a non era acc style of game play.

[21:27] <@Derrick> UOSA is a tribute to the feasibility of anarchy

Pro

Post by Pro »

its only profitable if you win a tournament with a considerable turn out otherwise anything can be farmed in the time fairly easily you can do 7k on orcs in the time it takes to finish a ctf.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Populus wrote:Has anyone ever been far even as decided to go do want look more like?
You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Someone said this (events) is just an aspect of the game that some people enjoy, and that not everyone enjoys farming, pk'ing, crafting, etc.

Well, the major difference is that those people farming, crafting, and pking are out there in the world where each profession can have a social effect on the other. Events are turning the game into instance based pvp, if I wanted that I would personally go play some other game.

There would probably be more players if UOSA just added a trammel facet, does that mean that one should be added here?