Weapon skills

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Weapon skills

Post by Mens Rea »

I have been searching the patch notes for something to absolutely prove this... but I believe-

Weapon skill gain required harder and harder enemies to be hit in order to gain.

That's why people spent hours upon hours at the bone knights because they would give a decent chance of a gain.

You can GM off practically anything on here right now.

Faust

Re: Weapon skills

Post by Faust »

Weapon skills scale based on your opponents skills here.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Mens Rea wrote:I have been searching the patch notes for something to absolutely prove this... but I believe-

Weapon skill gain required harder and harder enemies to be hit in order to gain.

That's why people spent hours upon hours at the bone knights because they would give a decent chance of a gain.

You can GM off practically anything on here right now.

Ahh, I remember the bone knight room. Always people there, standing in the doorway so only 3 (one diagonal) could hit you instead of 269296.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

From reading stratic's essays and archived usenet posts, it's fairly obvious that the gains scaled to the target's skill level were much more of a factor. The essays had certain monsters you had to hit, if you wanted to see any gains at all.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat