Weapons charges and depletion

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Caranthir

Weapons charges and depletion

Post by Caranthir »

Hey hey,

I've noticed that when a magic weapon runs out of charges the original charge description disappears completely. I vividly recall that not being the case, and people evaluating weapons quality based on that.

I.e.:
an accurate dagger of vanquishing and ghoul's touch 39 charges
currently turns into
an accurate dagger of vanquishing
but should be
an accurate dagger of vanquishing and ghoul's touch 0 charges

Anyone have the same recollection?

Cheers,
Cara

Bruno_Steelhart

Re: Weapons charges and depletion

Post by Bruno_Steelhart »

I remember that it was definitely like that at some point, but timeline wise I can't remember if it was that way from the beginning or if it changed to that at some point. Yeah it did help when buying a weapon knowing if it still had charges it was either brand new or hardly used.

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

The only thing I have found that remotely resembles something in that area is:

12/9/97 - Magic items that identify now take charges, and will obey line of sight. This will break all existing magic items of identification as they will appear to be out of charges.

I would say that the only way to "appear to be out of charges" is to show 0 charges. Unfortunately, I haven't found anything else to support that claim beyond this note and people's recollection. It is possible that it was changed post cut-off date but so far there is no evidence to support that theory.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Dont wands and staves do this?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

son wrote:Dont wands and staves do this?
its weird, ive seen some wands become 'a wand' and others will show 0 charges. duno whats up with that

Populus

Post by Populus »

marmalade wrote:
son wrote:Dont wands and staves do this?
its weird, ive seen some wands become 'a wand' and others will show 0 charges. duno whats up with that
I've seen this too.
Pre-patch wands maybe?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

I remember them the same way.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I can fix this. One of the reasons is set up like this on UOSA is to reduce the amount of data that needs to be saved for an item. I'm surprised that OSI didn't do the same.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir »

If it doesn't impact the server too negatively, that'd be really nice. It makes evaluating, selling and buying weapons a whole lot better.