Minor inaccuracies regarding allnames

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Minor inaccuracies regarding allnames

Post by nightshark »

Something I messaged derrick about earlier, however I couldn't find the thread I messaged him about.

I found a similar screenshot

This was a screenshot hector posted about mini heal, but you can also see the horse is

(tame) - uncoloured, the screenshot Derrick posted it was uncoloured, this one is probably altered by UOA.
a horse

On UOSA it shows as a horse (tame)

Spellcasting on UOSA shows as
(frozen)
Nightshark

whereas on era screenshots it shows as
Nightshark (frozen)

The two are mixed up, around the wrong way.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Re: Minor inaccuracies regarding allnames

Post by marmalade »

nightshark wrote: This was a screenshot hector posted about mini heal, but you can also see the horse is

(tame) - uncoloured, the screenshot Derrick posted it was uncoloured, this one is probably altered by UOA.
a horse

(frozen)
Nightshark

Nightshark (frozen)

perhaps the tame appears above the "a horse" because its on the edge of the screen? also, the (frozen) appears under the name of the person casting the spell on here, not over it.. but i guess im kinda nitpicking :)

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

nightshark wrote:Something I messaged derrick about earlier, however I couldn't find the thread I messaged him about.

I found a similar screenshot

This was a screenshot hector posted about mini heal, but you can also see the horse is

a horse

(frozen)
Nightshark

Nightshark (frozen)

I think UOA is making those adjustments
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

rouss

Post by rouss »

with all this nitpicking we're really postponing major and important inaccuracy fixes dont you think guys?
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

marmalade wrote:perhaps the tame appears above the "a horse" because its on the edge of the screen? also, the (frozen) appears under the name of the person casting the spell on here, not over it.. but i guess im kinda nitpicking :)
yea i was at work when i posted this so i couldn't check, it's not important though, i thought the important thing was that it was wrong

derrick actually posted an era screenshot yesterday which made both of these things really obvious. i planned on checking it against UOSA but fell asleep and didn't end up playing - slow day at work so sifted through screenies :D
son wrote:I think UOA is making those adjustments
naw i wouldn't base anything off a UOA screenshot, i was using that screenshot entirely to double check against derrick's screenshot from yesterday (which i couldnt find). rammar found some evidence anyway

----------------------------

since the patch, i also noticed:
derrick patched in "you can't res here!" when you try to res on a blocked space (mob/item). this is currently doing 2 legitimacy checks, one upon being successfully cast/healed for a res, the second when you actually click "yes i would like to resurrect". you should only receive the check when you actually click "yes i would like to resurrect", i believe

and on mob agro:
mobs will agro you constantly, for example, if you're fighting a balron (which will find a new target every 0.5s or something), it's worse than trying to fight a dexer with his attacklast button held down. there is NO WAY you can tab out from the mob. im pretty certain this is not acc. it is a side effect of something derrick patched in to keep your character defending multiple mobs.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Joueur Moyen

Post by Joueur Moyen »

rouss wrote:with all this nitpicking we're really postponing major and important inaccuracy fixes dont you think guys?
That's what bug trackers and priority levels are for.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

(tame) has been known to appear above just about ever since Derrick changed it, demo backs this up along with a trillion screenshots.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat