What do you think about no use Pots and events?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

Do Pots ruin the Events?

Poll ended at Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:51 pm

No, its fun
79%
Yes, it changes the game
21%

Total votes: 14

BloodyBandage

What do you think about no use Pots and events?

Post by BloodyBandage »

I had to stop using normal UO tactics such as combos with poisoning since the insta cure pots negated it. Anyone else think running around with unlimited Str/Agil/Stam/Cure/Gheal/Refresh Pots ruins the Events or favors Dex based Characters? Granted the pots aren't "unlimited" but if you just keep a backpack of 30 or so ready for "Event time" you never have to worry about it and you basically become a God. This is to be constructive. If you like the Pots please explain why. Thank you.

johttenn

Re: What do you think about no use Pots and events?

Post by johttenn »

I thought it sucked until I took my dexxer to a few events :)

Prurk

Post by Prurk »

Cure pots are required for me to fight a mage on my orc.

The tournaments already disallow pot use. Please keep the other events free use (despite infinite refresh's being extremely lame)

venox

Post by venox »

pot events are team events!
use your team...

brandonsantacruz

Post by brandonsantacruz »

Dexxers are at a disadvantage if they can be poisoned but cant poison, can be casted on, but can't use casting/magic weapons and are all-around slow healers. I'd like to see more free use 1v1 tournaments to get more realistic combat.

alatar

Post by alatar »

stop trying to change events..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

alatar wrote:stop trying to change events..
This is a suggestion forum right? I simply stated a point that someone else voiced to me and put a poll up. I didn't even vote on it. I played a Dexer just as much as I have played a Mage type char in UO. I like playing them both.

Either way I'm not out to "change events" or implement Trammel or any of your paranoia. I wanted to know what the players felt about it so I put the poll up. If majority likes the no consumption pots that's the way it should be I guess.

This thread reveals some truths.
johttenn wrote:I thought it sucked until I took my dexxer to a few events :)
Prurk wrote:Please keep the other events free use (despite infinite refresh's being extremely lame)
P.S. If you don't like suggestions for events, and we have historical data on the actual game played in 1999 (suggestions are pointless since we know truths), what do you suppose the suggestion forum is for alatar? For a better post state your thesis and back in up with some details instead of one liners that make you look like a closed-minded asshole.

alatar

Post by alatar »

that sure was a big post just for me.. :wink:
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

not only that but I added a signature link just for you.

benny-

Post by benny- »

Id personally prefer consumable resources in events....the unlimited pots means every dexxer continously chugs buffs/cures and mages can keep chugging tr's to keep from ever losing stam....I do like the pots, but the infinite useage def changes the pvp
- Elisud

alatar

Post by alatar »

you could of at least added something i actually posted instead of just making a fake quote..
#1 PK Guild on T2A

SirMeeks

Post by SirMeeks »

Regs should be consumable then as well, and some events we should all be stripped and provided tournament gear.

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

alatar wrote:you could of at least added something i actually posted instead of just making a fake quote..

I wish it were a fake quote. I was going to address it at the time and ask why you still troll here with one liners being an asshole. Then I just let it go because forum battles are lame. You consistently have nothing good to say. Hurry up and edit that post if you still can.

alatar

Post by alatar »

i think you are the one that doesn't play.. you put a link to a thread that was over 2 weeks ago when i -didn't- play.. if you were online actively you'd definatly see that i do play..
#1 PK Guild on T2A

BloodyBandage

Post by BloodyBandage »

If you aren't confronted on this thread it would have been another. We all play the game. That's why we are on these forums. You don't have to give one liners and constantly be negative in every thread you post in. I can understand if I asked for a nerf of a skill set such as taming or something intricate to the game. Then a one liner is just. But in a legit discussion you offer nothing. If you want to be a forum warrior I can be one as well. I would rather just stop all the bullshit right now. This is a forum after all. For logical debate. Every thread you enter in is potential Flame Wars section type shit. I'm ready to move on from this childish shit if you are.