The New Ads

Topics related to Second Age
Jack Nickelson

The New Ads

Post by Jack Nickelson »

I'm fully supportive of most ideas that can generate some revenue to help support/maintain both this site and the shard itself. That being said, I find it *way* over the edge when I have to read stuff saying I can save $348 with Allstate. I don't give a damn about Allstate and such companies.

Is there some other mechanics that can be utilized to reach the shards apparent desired objective of revenue/income which is understandable?

Jack Nickelson -

Arcott Ramathorn

Re: The New Ads

Post by Arcott Ramathorn »

Does anyone else get one that says "CONGRATULATIONS..YOU'VE WON." Or do i have to update my virus scan?

Karik Verlee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Karik Verlee »

Jack Nickelson wrote:I'm fully supportive of most ideas that can generate some revenue to help support/maintain both this site and the shard itself. That being said, I find it *way* over the edge when I have to read stuff saying I can save $348 with Allstate. I don't give a damn about Allstate and such companies.

Is there some other mechanics that can be utilized to reach the shards apparent desired objective of revenue/income which is understandable?

Jack Nickelson -
There sure is. Donate!

I didnt even realize there are ads on here til this post.
Big John, Minin Man, Harm
Chesapeake May 1999-June 2008
Karik Verlee [TEB], Hilik [WL], Amabo [WL]
UOSA March, 28th 2010-Present

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Karik Verlee wrote:There sure is. Donate!

I didnt even realize there are ads on here til this post.
haha awesome. yeah i didn't realise there were ads either.

thought you guys had malware or some crap
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

There are ads?
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Rhaps

Post by Rhaps »

Pristiq wrote:There are ads?
This. Where? :?

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

theres always one under the first post on a page, but sometimes instead of an add, there are links to voting websites.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Donate.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Arcott Ramathorn

Check this out...live on test center!
youraddhere.jpg
youraddhere.jpg (86.15 KiB) Viewed 2220 times
Random ad generator on your paper doll! type /ad.

Kabal
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kabal »

Ads? . . . What ads?
Derrick wrote: . . .get real please.
"F**k that Morpheus, I'm takin' em both!" -Kabal
*pm me with questions about lasers*

Pristiq

Post by Pristiq »

Lol I just remembered I have ABP so maybe that's why I don't see any. :P
chumbucket wrote:Everyone else, don't be a jerk to staff. Maahes cries enough already.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40810 - HOLY HELL AN AWESOME VENDOR?!

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I appreciate the objection but something has to pay the bills here, and while the current donators and subscribers are very appreciated still quite often some of the hosting costs go right to my credit card. Donators and Subscribers don't see these ads within the posts.

I didn't at all like the idea of putting the ads up either, but I'd like to find some way to generate enough revenue to cover costs. The revenue on these is also unfortunately pretty minimal, as I think most of our players are relatively satisfied with their present auto insurance polices and no one ever clicks on them.

Other ideas are very welcome.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Derrick wrote:Other ideas are very welcome.
neon llamas for donators!
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

nightshark wrote:
Derrick wrote:Other ideas are very welcome.
neon llamas for donators!
Except that ;)
We do owe a big debt of gratitude to the donators and subscribers to Second Age. They represent a very small fraction of our playerbase, and receive only some pixels on the forum and the knowledge of a good thing done for their efforts.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Arcott Ramathorn

Derrick wrote:I appreciate the objection but something has to pay the bills here, and while the current donators and subscribers are very appreciated still quite often some of the hosting costs go right to my credit card. Donators and Subscribers don't see these ads within the posts.

I didn't at all like the idea of putting the ads up either, but I'd like to find some way to generate enough revenue to cover costs. The revenue on these is also unfortunately pretty minimal, as I think most of our players are relatively satisfied with their present auto insurance polices and no one ever clicks on them.

Other ideas are very welcome.

Just to clarify, i have no objection to the ads. Secondly, would it help to occasionally click a banner ad then close it without signing up for anything? If we click them we dont get malware or adware do we? I wasnt kidding when i said occasionally i hear someone say, " congratulations..youve won" but im pretty sure its only on the secondage site. Im not sure how the banner ads generate income. Friends have told me that you get pretty much nothing a month for haviing them on your site but get a few cents for every click.

Maybe we could have a click the banner day once a month ...as long as it would help the shard and not hurt our pc's.