Double hit

Topics related to Second Age
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Double hit

Post by Mens Rea »

I just pulled off a double hally hit on the test server.

Don't ask me how I did it but I did it and I am pleased with myself.

Regards,

Mens Rea.

Pro

Re: Double hit

Post by Pro »

edit: Ye i figured it out as well

http://uomovies.com/download.pl?id=3390

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Halberds are a little buggy on Test from what I've seen. I was on there the other day and somebody with 25 dex was able to hit the "pit overseer" once every 1.5 seconds or so. In any case I think this might very well still be possible because Faust is addressing the swing timer's targeting state and is completely ignoring the actual exploitation of the wrestling timer.
"In case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening and good night."

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

haven't tried test out yet..

is the wrestle timer exploit the same? like disarm hally, wait out wrestle timer and hit, but now we can do this while moving? can't wait to be able to refresh on the run, it's impossible to beat attacklast spammers with a ping of 250
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

attack last spam will be a non issue

Faust

Post by Faust »

Blackbeard wrote:Halberds are a little buggy on Test from what I've seen. I was on there the other day and somebody with 25 dex was able to hit the "pit overseer" once every 1.5 seconds or so. In any case I think this might very well still be possible because Faust is addressing the swing timer's targeting state and is completely ignoring the actual exploitation of the wrestling timer.
I haven't touched the latest version of the swing timer code even slightly.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Double hit wrecks face.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

the actual exploitation using the wrestling swing timer. Maybe it isn't you that's taking care of this known exploit?

the new swing timer implemented on test is, at least partly, a result of some of your work

I spoke with Derrick about the double hit situation. It seems they were made possible because you could equip your weapon, tab into war and tap attack last. If you managed to time it properly with your weapon's swing timer loop, you would somehow get your normal attack as well as an extra. I'm not sure what the reason is but I'm guessing it's some sort of bug where you auto-defend against the other target's auto-defend. Derrick was awesome as usual and went to work on it and I haven't gone back since to test but I'll keep you guys updated on this one.
Last edited by Blackbeard on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Double-hit was part of the game but hardly anyone remembers the specifics, how to use it - and a large proportion of people simply weren't there or didn't know how to use it at the time.

This linked thread gets going about double hit on page 3 onwards. Faust explains a lot of his shiz: http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic. ... uble+swing

Faust

Post by Faust »

The live server is using a UOR method that ALLOWS a swing to hold in a held state. This was not the case in the ORIGINAL swing timer before the UOR publish. This 'hybrid' version of this generic inaccurate RunUO swing timer will hold a swing immediately when the delay for wrestling or any weapon for that matter ends. This allows you to equip a hally and swing in other words. However, hopefully this time you will take the time to understand the difference between the original swing timer and the one on the live server. My part of the code is simply a foundation or implementation of the 100% accurate pret2a swing timer. Please take special note that my comment stated 'pret2a' swing timer and not 't2a'. The pret2a swing timer obviously isn't the same swing timer that was used during the t2a era since there is NO insta hit with the pret2a timer. Derrick is 'optimizing' the pret2a timer that I coded based on patch interpretation such as the insta hit patch in February '99. Again, my part of the code is SIMPLY the original pret2a timer that is pretty much just a foundation for Derrick to build upon in order to get the '99 insta hit working with it. I have nothing else to do with the code from this point on son.

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Double hit is still currently possible. Here, I'll explain it:

1. Do not have your weapon equipped.
2. Target the person you wish to attack.
3. Run up next to them.
4. Equip your weapon.
5. Tap into war mode.
6. Hit attack last.

I'm not sure what people are thinking when they say this patch is going to nerf halberd mages. This is the greatest exploit ever made available in the easiest manner possible to kill somebody almost instantaneously.

Don't bother playing dexxers any more if this goes live.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

.. the patch is a boost for both dexers and mages. double hit can be easily avoided if you know what you're doing. you talk about this huge gap between mages and dexers as if mages are extremely overpowered, when they're not. you need to stop crying about character imbalances in a set of mechanics that are 11 years old, and just learn to play your desired class well.

did it occur to you that a dexer can use double hit also?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Blackbeard

Post by Blackbeard »

Why don't you be a little more disrespectful?

Did it occur to you that somebody wielding an expensive halberd with the right timing can easily kill somebody in less than a second with their weapon alone? The halberd alone stands to this feat. The double katana hit is made possible with this exploit, yes but at the end of the day a halberd mage with 50 of each reg is going to outweigh a dexxer on the field any day of the week. Then again maybe I'll pick up an expensive halberd and try this live on my dexxer, give up parrying and pick up a little bit more of magery for greater heals.

Yes, I was over-exaggerating the benefit of this. Against a skilled opponent who keeps the heat on and doesn't stop moving the chance of this being pulled off is based almost purely out of luck but, when all is said and done, the halberd mage alone stands with the ability to basically nerd someone to death instantly.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Here is a good question...

Why are you complaining about a feature that existed in t2a on a shard that is replicating the t2a era mechanics? :shock:

Jimi[DF]

Post by Jimi[DF] »

Faust wrote:Here is a good question...

Why are you complaining about a feature that existed in t2a on a shard that is replicating the t2a era mechanics? :shock:
Where is the information on how double hally hits worked in T2a? Where is the code? How do we know this is right?