UOSecondage.com main page - Latest News

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

UOSecondage.com main page - Latest News

Post by BlackFoot »

I suggest this link becomes highlighted when there is somthing recent added from the last time the player clicked the link
that is all :D
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

rouss

Re: UOSecondage.com main page - Latest News

Post by rouss »

BlackFoot wrote:I suggest this link becomes highlighted when there is somthing recent added from the last time the player clicked the link
that is all :D
To do that we need to send you a cookie with your last check time and then compare to latest news' timestamp. Considering we're pulling the data from forums, I do think it's pia to implement (with a little reward: I mean seriously, if there's something new, chances are you will notice).
Chesapeake Nov. 1998 — July 2000
Second Age Feb. 2009 —

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, this is relatively hard to do. One trick though is to subscribe to our twitter feed, which inclues all the latest news updates.

I've wanted to have the "Vote For A Pic" link flash on myUOSA when there are new images to vote on as well.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

I say this as on the old webpage when an 'announcment' was made on the forum it was posted visibly to the main uosecondage.com wepsite

this doesnt happen anymore and player ran events/updates may not be getting the same exposure they were previous
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I agree. Some effort was made to maintain as many of the main site features as we had previously was made. I was sad to cut those vital links, in addition to some of the other page features. We may be able to revisit this soon.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."