Boat Key Copies

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Boat Key Copies

Post by DarkWing »

I am not sure when this was changed ... i didn't get the opertunity to play a whole lot during T2A ... but from my limited Memory of the period it was NOT Possible to recall from a Copy of a Boat Key .. only one of the 2 originals!

so i am wondering if anyone else knows if this Was indeed a possiblity during T2A or not!

personally i don't think that making a copy of a Key should make the copy inherit the Magic Properties of the Master!

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Atraxi

Re: Boat Key Copies

Post by Atraxi »

Yeah, I didn't think this was possible, either, but last night, I recalled off of a boat key copy by accident.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... f977d0719c
No, you can not recall to the boat with the copy. I suggest that you let
both characters have one original key each. And use copies of the key
outside of the bank box.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

DarkWing
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DarkWing »

nightshark wrote:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.game ... f977d0719c
No, you can not recall to the boat with the copy. I suggest that you let
both characters have one original key each. And use copies of the key
outside of the bank box.
Well then this must be a bug that was overlooked

Thanks

Trusted Member of C^V Guild
Channel Operator of #secondagetrade

Scammer Free Trade Room

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Will fix. Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

lol ouch to the people who used rare newby keys on boat keys.
[broken image]

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

tekai wrote:lol ouch to the people who used rare newby keys on boat keys.
:P

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Existing keys were unaffected. Still can't see newbie keys being worth nearly as much now though.

http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21707

Atraxi

Post by Atraxi »

STOP!!! Don't go makin new copies of all of your boat keys yet! The post-patch keys don't refresh boats, they just lock and unlock the plank.

Shouldn't they refresh the age of the boat too?
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Atraxi wrote:Shouldn't they refresh the age of the boat too?
All boat keys should refresh, for sure.

Azile

Post by Azile »

It would seem a rather bad balance effect if existing newbie boat key copies allow recall to the boat, and no one else can gain that type of blessed item anymore. Any pk, which would be a fair number, that are vets or planned ahead all have a permanent newbie recall to boat key, no one else can get it now? They should be removed/fixed changed. It is not era accurate that there was this item in existence, then removed from being able to be made, but existing ones, left in game?

Think about red pirates, with newbie boat keys. How easy life must be to never worry recalling etc...specifically for the new lands pking where there are no houses to recall to, never can die and lose the boat and your loot.

As reds back in 99 on Chesapeake, our pls hunted via boats always in T2A and boat/recall management etc, was a constant hassle and had to be carefully addressed. The value now of a boat for sale with a newbie boat key will be quite high.

If this grandfathered newbie keys stay in, then I am in the market for a boat with blessed key as I literally missed the "fix" (soon as I heRd of this bug, I started making tinkerer nooks to get one, but missed on my first 13 characters try...then the fix a day later...lol.

Anyhow, point is, it is not era accurate that "any" newbie boat keys exist.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Let's not forget they are noobied, not blessed, thus if a red dies with them on him he can loose them.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Azile

Post by Azile »

As a clarification, it really just is the recall from a newbiefied item that should be the issue that no one else can have a blessed recall item anymore.

There obviously is still a huge benefit as well to having a newbie key just for the locking and unlocking of the boat without always having to hand it off to logged char or place in the hold.

Good point about reds, I had never tested it or understood newbie vs blessed items dropping from reds. Thanks for this info.

Still not era accurate but that does remove the feature from the player that it would seriously help the most.

Still is not era accurate that such an item exists. But in my knowledge of uo code, changing existing items is hard or labour filled task to do, if possible.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Azile wrote:It would seem a rather bad balance effect if existing newbie boat key copies allow recall to the boat, and no one else can gain that type of blessed item anymore. Any pk, which would be a fair number, that are vets or planned ahead all have a permanent newbie recall to boat key, no one else can get it now? They should be removed/fixed changed. It is not era accurate that there was this item in existence, then removed from being able to be made, but existing ones, left in game?
Of course you can get still that item. Buy it from someone who thought ahead.

There are tons of prepatch items out there, so they should all be removed? Goodbye neon sandles, glacial staves, furs, etc. While it's a money ticket for the first person to get them, they are a huge investment for anyone buying them second-hand.

A newbie boat key hardly affects game play either. They are useless to a red, and a blue/grey can easily carry an unstealable rune anywhere they like.
Azile wrote:If this grandfathered newbie keys stay in, then I am in the market for a boat with blessed key as I literally missed the "fix" (soon as I heRd of this bug, I started making tinkerer nooks to get one, but missed on my first 13 characters try...then the fix a day later...lol.
So you think it should be removed, yet not so much you wouldn't try (13 times) to get one yourself? Would you still think this way had you paid a couple hundred k for it? Or actually gotten one, only to have it crapped on the next day?

Azile

Post by Azile »

Regardless of my opinion on said feature being era accurate and remaining in or out, it is opinion. However if it is enabled in game, I am using it to my advantage.

You apparently have confused me with someone that gets hot and bothered about what they feel should change, is broken etc. I don't. I post something I think is not era accurate and leave it at that.

There is many other threads you can debate with fools wanting absurd changes for xxx reason.