Ophidian Matriach above Terrathan Keep

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Ophidian Matriach above Terrathan Keep

Post by dren »

The Ophidian Matriarch nearby Terrathan Keep is missing, and the Ophidian spawn there is a bit small. I know this is a bit nitpicky, - but there used to be about 1.5x as many Ophidians that would spawn there. More shamans and avengers and such... it's a hard area to get in and out of honestly. On this shard it's not hard to get in and out of there at all.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Ophidian Matriach above Terrathan Keep

Post by dren »

I think the spawn was also more over toward the right, north east, and there were knight-errants. There were also other ophidians there as well. I think the spawn may very well have varied from shard to shard. I played 2 servers SP and Atlantic and it was the same on both. One thing I do remember specifically is that it was always hard to get in and out of terrathan keep because of the ophidians being in the way. If you were near death and you tried to run to town it was always a gamble; if you ran then some avenger or knight errant might whack you, and *dead*. Most of everyone I knew who camped those spots always marked a rune inside terrathan keep once they got there to avoid the ophidians on the way to Paupa, because the area was so dangerous.

FYI At this point a lot of the ophidians here at this location not only seem to be off a bit from where they are supposed to be, but they are spawning in inaccessibile areas. It's honestly not really worth hunting here with the spawn the way it is now.
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

At that little ledge to the left of the keep(topside) bards used to sit and provoke 2 avengers on eachother. They would always spawn right there, and really fast too. Occasionally a drone would spawn on the ledge with you, but that was not really a threat.

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

There should definitely be more ophidians on the road in to the terathan keep, including at least one matriarch (not sure if there was more than one or not). There should also be at least one matriarch hanging around in the area in front of the ophidian fort in the desert. Also, ophidians that didn't exist during T2A spawn I think. I could swear I saw zealots and justicars in the desert? Those were added after UO:R (http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... ers&id=260).

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Yep I remember the top of TK was very active in t2a but here not so much. It was hard to run through, but here you can certainly do it with no problems.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Also they would always be fighting every time i went there there would be dead bodies and they would already be fighting here its like there preparing for war instead of ripping heads off.

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

Good point, I forgot about that. Right now there is a gap with nothing spawning between the ophidians on the road and the terathans at the keep. There should be no gap in the spawn and the ophidians and terathans should be hostile to each other, resulting in constant snake vs spider battles at the overlap of their spawn areas.

Azile

Post by Azile »

There was 1 matriarch on the road to the fort about 75% of the way. I farmed her and the avengers on the road for countless days in summer of 99. The avengers spawned fast, too fast sometimes.

1 matriarch at the desert fort, spawned outside the front doors. 2 avengers, inside, 1 outside as well.

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

I've noticed the spawn here is very much improved now. Thank you Derrick for fixing it, or whoever did fix it. It's almost exactly how I remember it now; close enough at least. However, I did not see an ophidian matriarch on the road above terrathan keep and the ophidian avenger farther away to the north west of the keep seems to have disappeared. Anyways, still much appreciated; definitely an area worth visiting now. Nice to see the ophidians and terrathans at war again with eachother. :)

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A lot of these creatures are "pooled" too, so you won't always see the same static balance of spawns.

I recognize that spawns need an overall review, and very much appreciate feedback on them. For the most part we're hoping to do a revamp all at once, but we have been tweaking here and there over recent weeks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Generic Player

Post by Generic Player »

Spawns are impossible to get perfect, but improvements are always nice. Can we get the ophidian justicars and zealots deleted? Those were added sometime shortly after UO:R and didn't exist during t2a era.

Stratics from late 99 doesn't list them:
http://web.archive.org/web/199902181015 ... m/hunters/

Stratics from late 2000 does:
http://web.archive.org/web/200008181203 ... m/hunters/

And current stratics says they were added mid-2000:
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... ers&id=260

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

Generic Player wrote:Spawns are impossible to get perfect, but improvements are always nice. Can we get the ophidian justicars and zealots deleted? Those were added sometime shortly after UO:R and didn't exist during t2a era.

Stratics from late 99 doesn't list them:
http://web.archive.org/web/199902181015 ... m/hunters/

Stratics from late 2000 does:
http://web.archive.org/web/200008181203 ... m/hunters/

And current stratics says they were added mid-2000:
http://uo.stratics.com/database/view.ph ... ers&id=260
nice find
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Indeed. Thanks.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."