plans for the future

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Gert

plans for the future

Post by Gert »

i opened this topic to discuss about the future plans of development of this server : new mmorpgs grow like mushrooms in the videogames panorama , new technologies are created and mmorpgs become each time more real ; this server offers the game ultima online in its best period , the second age , that is still today a beautiful game though it's a game of 8 years ago and this is a good server also because it has a competent staff that works for its improvement ; now , i want to know , is the staff of this server going to implement new technologies and new graphics to keep the game at the same rate of the times ? i think that if the game won't be implemented with new tech and graphics , maybe not now , i mean within some years , there will be best games and uo will be abandoned . now , for the longevity of the game , why don't implement new skills ? i don't mean skills like spellweaving , bushido or ninjutsu , i mean skills like remove traps or focus or maybe necromancy or chivalry , i know that this skills aren't part of t2a but maybe the implement of these skills will increase the longevity of the game .
now , the last question about the real goals of the staff : the aim of the staff is to keep the game on this server exactly as ultima t2a forever ? or it's to implement the game to keep it at the same rate of the times and permit to it to live for a more long time ? i think that if the game remains forever as it was 8 years ago it will be abandoned by the players for more interesting games . thank you

venox

Re: plans for the future

Post by venox »

blah what the!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this is second age. t2a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
t2a rule set for ever.
things like player interaction events quests always change.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

To answer your questions:

1. It is not really within the scope of this server to add in new technologies or updated graphics. In many cases, this is dependent on how far you have patched the game itself. Beyond that, our policy is that no clients except the official clients may be used here. Mainly because newer 3rd party clients allow functionality that is not available in the older clients, and thus provide an advantage to others.

2. No new skills will be added to the server. This server is a dedicated T2A server and adding new skills, regardless of what they are, is in direct opposition to our goal: Creating and maintaining as accurate a T2A server as possible.

3. As I said, we are dedicated to re-creating T2A to the best of our ability. We are not attempting to create an atmosphere which includes a few T2A elements, but ultimately diverts from the true nature of T2A to please one particular crowd or another. We are here to create T2A in it's fullest, including the big, the bad, and the ugly of the era.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Morbent Fel

Post by Morbent Fel »

Wh..wha...what? :? You talk of extreme changes that completely destroyed the game, and if implemented here; which I know would never happen... would too. I will make a new thread perhaps suggesting light updates that will keep players long-term. I've read a few threads, where people are worried about: not enough end-game things to do to keep veteran players.
Morbent Fel - Light roleplaying pvper, and farmer.
Waruk - Heavy roleplaying blood thirsty orc.
Green Jelly - Pvper

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye. We intend to stick strictly to the T2A era.

johttenn

Post by johttenn »

Ummm....remove traps is available here.

Lajon

Post by Lajon »

Necromacy was 'In Development' for like 5 years. It wouldn't take much effort to make that era-accurate here.

XaN

Post by XaN »

Skills, Pvp, items... these should all be era accurate.

I do agree however, that if a game cannot adapt it will fail. I don't think we should be adding Beatles or Unicorns anytime soon, but light "interesting" developments can be started. Doesn't have to affect the whole world either.

Think of a new dungeon, era accurate monsters but maybe a bit more reward since it will most likely be a hotspot. Create a reason for people to go there... that way big events will start on there own with player interaction. Champ spawn dungeon maybe? Super Dragon? Super Lich? Impossible Boss? anything, be creative.
NO! nooooOO! ....Hot, hot!

bOmb

Post by bOmb »

I think this all comes down to gm made events and quests. That Shal etar thing had a bunch of people playing together. I know the shard was just getting popular when the Nujelm quest came out, but the entire shard showed up helping one another doing the quest.

I know its not easy to get these type of scripts but theres only so much you can during this era and things like quests and Cove raids are probably the best thing GMs can do to not mess with accuracy issues and keep people active.

alatar

Post by alatar »

bOmb wrote:I think this all comes down to gm made events and quests. That Shal etar thing had a bunch of people playing together. I know the shard was just getting popular when the Nujelm quest came out, but the entire shard showed up helping one another doing the quest.

I know its not easy to get these type of scripts but theres only so much you can during this era and things like quests and Cove raids are probably the best thing GMs can do to not mess with accuracy issues and keep people active.
<-- agree with b0mb
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

yea gm events are huge draws, people get into those
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

alatar

Post by alatar »

cove invasion yesterday had a lot of participants.. and victims..
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Imp

Post by Imp »

Cove invasion attracted about 10 players in total.
Regardless of my shouts in Brit and Glow banks, and gating in Cove, most macroers stay where they are.

So, Wylan in his tamer instance held gates with bunch of dragons and wyrms, I positioned myself in second line with a pair of summoned daemons, and about 7 more-or-less newbs were running around bashing rats in glorious 1vs1 fights (no crossheal, no focus, nothing). Huge pile of corpses made 2D client really choppy.

Loot was not that brilliant, though I guess wyrms were looting, for a common player it was rather a mess.
Since bank was working, loot wasnt too good for Wylan as well, when he decided to come, nor for my evil alt, which I brought when noobs noto-ganked my main.

Better than nothing though - still, lots of people just afraid to come and play.

alatar

Post by alatar »

Imp wrote:Cove invasion attracted about 10 players in total.
Regardless of my shouts in Brit and Glow banks, and gating in Cove, most macroers stay where they are.

So, Wylan in his tamer instance held gates with bunch of dragons and wyrms, I positioned myself in second line with a pair of summoned daemons, and about 7 more-or-less newbs were running around bashing rats in glorious 1vs1 fights (no crossheal, no focus, nothing). Huge pile of corpses made 2D client really choppy.

Loot was not that brilliant, though I guess wyrms were looting, for a common player it was rather a mess.
Since bank was working, loot wasnt too good for Wylan as well, when he decided to come, nor for my evil alt, which I brought when noobs noto-ganked my main.

Better than nothing though - still, lots of people just afraid to come and play.
forget the gold.. how about the 5 point trophies i collected..
#1 PK Guild on T2A