Detect Hidden Bug?

Report any bugs you discover on the server here
Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Detect Hidden Bug?

Post by Kelektra »

So from what i remember of this era.

Place 200 trapped boxes in a house, stand in middle, cast detect hidden, target floor gain like crazy.

I started setting up a Detect Hidden house to do this last night, i had approximately 60 boxes trapped at the time. I started the macro and the only thing i was getting is:

You see nothing. and only gaining .1 every so often. I never once saw the [trapped] message over any boxes. Never gained more then .1 at a time

I tried several options:
unfriended to house
friended to house (this way seems to never gain anything)
trapped boxes unlocked
trapped boxes locked

Anyone else able to verify that detect hidden on trapped boxes is currently working as it should?
Shards Only T-Map Validation System viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24446

Dagon

Re: Detect Hidden Bug?

Post by Dagon »

whats your skill? its slow. let it run for a night and check in the morning.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Skill is 50.

I shouldnt have to let it run overnight.. That is the whole point of doing a housefull of trapped chests. Its to macro it from 25or30-100 in an hour.

I have trapped chests from lvl30 tinkers and lvl50 tinkers. He should be detecting these with no problem at all.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I belive, once they made Hiding and Detect Hidden work 100% in a house you are friended to, there was no longer any possibility for skill gain in either of those.

This may work though if you are not a friend of the house.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Derrick wrote:I belive, once they made Hiding and Detect Hidden work 100% in a house you are friended to, there was no longer any possibility for skill gain in either of those.

This may work though if you are not a friend of the house.
Thats what i figured when i friended the toon and he didnt gain anything. I unfriended him, logged out, logged back in and let him back in the house.

Still not getting any [trapped] messages ever and only gaining .1 on occassion.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Okay Derrick... What button did you just hit..

I just was doing it for probably 10 times , didnt get one gain.

Now all of a sudden... BOOM
gained 4.5 in two seconds.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Working as intended now!!!
dhidden.JPG

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Gmed Detect

Not sure if you did anything at all Derrick but last night it ran for 30 minutes and i never once got a multiple skillup.

After my post on here, its done in 30 minutes...

Thanks....

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I think there was something amiss with it.

I went from gaining .1 every 6 to 7 tries and never seeing one [trapped] message
then i make a post about it
Boom...2-3points per try and 30+ [trapped] messages and Gmed in under 30 minutes.

Either way i am happy now.

I will be setting a house up within a day or two for Gm Detect Hidden Sessions. Because it takes longer to actually get all the boxes trapped with different tinker levels then it does to GM Detect.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

You shouldn't need boxes trapped at different tinker levels. The reason your gains skyrocket is because there is one skill check for each box. I guess you only gain on successes (maybe? I'm not sure) so I guess it could help the process a bit to have some traps that might be easier to detect. But if you have even a 1% chance of detecting a GM trap at 50.0 skill, that's all you really need.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

Mikel123 wrote:You shouldn't need boxes trapped at different tinker levels. The reason your gains skyrocket is because there is one skill check for each box. I guess you only gain on successes (maybe? I'm not sure) so I guess it could help the process a bit to have some traps that might be easier to detect. But if you have even a 1% chance of detecting a GM trap at 50.0 skill, that's all you really need.
i was going on a memory of what i thought i needed to do. I remembered that lockpicking you need to use different levels of tinkered boxes to gain so i figured that Detect would work the same way with the traps.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Actually, for some reason, I believe once you hit something like 55 DH the boxes trick really skyrocket gains, before that it is really slow.

I have to assume it has something to do with your chance of actually detecting. I do not think that the skill of the crafter/trapper has anything to do with the rate of gaining.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

At 50 skill (55 now?) you would gain the ability to detect traps over an area. Up until then, you can only detect one object at a time, so it doesn't matter if you have 20 boxes stacked or not.

Kelektra
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kelektra »

I am going to do a complete testing of this from all skill levels tonight or tomorrow.
50 noob
30 Noob (NPC purchased to whatever amount)
0 noob

I will update this posting or make a guide and put it in that forum.

Btw, Today i went from 50-100 in 30 minutes. At 50.0 i got multiple gains per attempt but only after i asked about it here. I know, maybe i am just crazy but i dont think was a coincidence.