Teleporting onto tables in Wrong Ogre Lords

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
hksaga

Teleporting onto tables in Wrong Ogre Lords

Post by hksaga »

In my vast experience of Dungeon Wrong during T2A I would regularly make use of the teleport spell to teleport myself on top of the tables in the ogre lords. I note that currently on UOSA there is no provision to undertake such an activity - thereby further highlighting the inaccurate nature of the "Teleport" (level 3) spell.

Zorce
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Teleporting onto tables in Wrong Ogre Lords

Post by Zorce »

A table dance for the ogre lords?

I like it :lol:

Faust

Post by Faust »

This was a big thing in pre-t2a. However, pretty positive it was fixed before our target timeframe.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Teleporting onto crafted tables was a HUGE part of pre-t2a as faust pointed out. But the tables in wrong and other places should be teleportable. I know that you could teleport onto the table in the papua bank all the way up until UO:R (maybe even still).

The problem was with teleporting on player crafted tables. People could use them to increase their Z axis and get places they shouldnt be (in others houses/castles etc). I think that for some reason RUNUO does not include the table-top tile as walkable, which is why this does not work here.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I think there must be some confusion on these particular tables, unless this memory pre-dates June 1998. I tested this with pre-T2A OSI client version 1.09.15, and pre-T2A OSI server, could neither teleport nor walk on the tables at wrong. It's prohibited via OSI item data (impassible in all versions of this data from '98 to present), the client would not try to walk on these tables even if the server allowed. Other tables such as the table against the wall at papua bank are teleportable to and you can walk on it, as verified by the OSI item data which does not set impassible for that table (in era nor modern clients).
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Faust

Post by Faust »

Was definitely possible pre-t2a but have no idea how far back. However, the tables could only be teleported onto not walked on based on my recollection. This was a good tactic to use for archery or casting bladespirits/fire field with the mob of trolls that gathered in that room up on the first floor.

Volo

Post by Volo »

I also remember being able to teleport on to the tables but you couldn't walk the client always said frozen.I used to do this with a friend of mine and farm with fire field on newbie mages.
"Hangin in the J since back in the day"The Jhelom Regulars