Razor 25 Second timeout

Moderator: Support Moderators

Grubb

Razor 25 Second timeout

Post by Grubb »

Is there a way to disable the random 25 sec Timeouts when running a Loop'd macro?

Purge

Re: Razor 25 Second timeout

Post by Purge »

Right click it... Edit timeout

Change it

:D

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

The timeouts I am referring to are not in the code.. thus the reason I entered in "RANDOM" in the original Post.

I have noticed Razor throws in a timeout every once in a while. While fishing it threw in 25 seconds on one of the steps. This doesn't seem to be happening now.

I think the problem is, I was not giving the script enough time before running actions.

Example : Part of my fishing macro was cutting up fish by type. There are 4 types. It would use the dagger in my bag and click the type of fish.. So basically it did this 4 times in a row and I only gave it a one second timeout before moving on to the next. It would throw in an extra 10 - 15 second time out every time it would go through that series.

I initially had it run every time my guy fished. I changed it to an IF(Weight >= 200) THEN cut them up. Doing that seems to weed out the random timeouts for that script.

Maleficia

Post by Maleficia »

If the macro trys to go to the next step before the server is ready to perform the action, you'll get thae long timeout. You can either edit the timeout as Purge said, or increase the pauses in your macro (or add a pause where you should have one, but currently don't). If you post what your macro is, I am sure there are enough people here well versed in Razor to point out where the glitch may be.

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

The server comment makes sense. I think I have my macros pretty well figured out though.

Murugan

Post by Murugan »

Yeah, it sounds like if you just added a longer pause between actions you can avoid the "lag" causing your macro to error. If you want a really Effective macro to run while your not there, you need to have it account for world saves, and general lag issues. If you don't, you'll waste more time with those 25 sec timers then you do with the extra time per cycle!
Pookey - Your Local Grim Reaper,
Hemperor wrote:it pains me to say that murugan is right

Grubb

Post by Grubb »

Yea, I figured out I can remove/change the pause on a "Wait for Target" if lag catches. If you right-click the Wait for Target you can edit the timeout if it gets stuck in waiting so I usually just set it to 1 second.

Aeil

Post by Aeil »

I'm having something along the same lines happening, if I add a pause over 5 seconds razor pops up with this "wait timeout counter" in the lower right hand corner. does anyone no how to either edit it or disable it?

Return to “New Player Help”