Cross Healing in Last Man Standing

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Butt Pirate

Cross Healing in Last Man Standing

Post by Butt Pirate »

Would anyone else support the disabling of players healing each other in last man standing?

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Cross Healing in Last Man Standing

Post by BlackFoot »

duno somtimes i hate it but somtimes its necessary
its usually becomes a game of ganking and somtimes when you know your the next target, keepin the guy getting ganked alive is the only way for you to survive
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

alatar

Post by alatar »

Then you would also have to apply this rule to Deathmatch as well. I don't really see it as an issue though. You're stuck in a 10x10 box, and you only have one life.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

The events are fine. I have even accidently hit last target on a Gheal once and lost, shit happens..besides 'taking advantage of the situation' is how you come out on top. Regardless who bitches about who precasted what or used what weapon or chugged what potion. Hell if I get used to using potions and actually drink one during a fight then they wont be useless and become someone's loot when I eat dirt. (That and I might actually get a kill for once, instead of worrying about healing)
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

venox

Post by venox »

ive noticed a certain thief has taken up multi-client cross healing.
so he basically just run back to his alt whom i assume has a macro running and heals up.
very cheeky...

alatar

Post by alatar »

venox wrote:ive noticed a certain thief has taken up multi-client cross healing.
so he basically just run back to his alt whom i assume has a macro running and heals up.
very cheeky...
yuo can get banned from events for multi-clienting.. just report him
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

venox

Post by venox »

it wasnt in an event. just in town.

platy

Post by platy »

venox wrote:ive noticed a certain thief has taken up multi-client cross healing.
very cheeky...
:shock: if not in an event then why post?

the other shards i've played immedietly removed players who cross healed (or even seemed to be on a team) in individual win events.. its counter productive..
Last Man Standing: not the best team gets to end and then gets a friendly 1v1
o.O

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

if it people use the 'its an individual, not a team game' arguement, then your going to have to code it in some way, that two players cant attack the same player at the same time, because there is more than one way peopel can act as a team. and when players are teaming up in a mob mentality cross healing is the only way to survive against a team or mob, and it is a survival game.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The ability to cross heal in Deathmatch and Last Man Standing was never intended and is only possible though a bug in the code. It's actually only recently come to my attention that this was possible. These are both designed as every man for himself games.I've been working on this today and it will be fixed in tomorrow's patch.

Note that when I say bug, it's not an EA type bug where: "oh I never thought of that so we're going to call it a bug/exploit now". Beneficial actions on others were intended to be disallowed in the design of both games and the code to prevent it was already in place, just not getting called.

Arcanus

Post by Arcanus »

*guilty*

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

that solves that. lol

platy

Post by platy »

BlackFoot wrote:if it people use the 'its an individual, not a team game' arguement, then your going to have to code it in some way, that two players cant attack the same player at the same time, because there is more than one way peopel can act as a team. and when players are teaming up in a mob mentality cross healing is the only way to survive against a team or mob, and it is a survival game.
No, it's actually much easier to tell if people are teaming up than you think.. can usually be determined by simply watching. Numerous people targeting one target isn't a problem.. it's the game- cross healing isn't the game. Just look for x-healing, parties, and attempted syncs- thats literally all that needs to be done.
I don't really care as I rarely participate in these events and I don't think the codes need changing, but x-healing i do think is kinda lame in Last man standing.. i mean your healing someone: helping someone else be the last man standing o.O

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

The existing code was broken. There were more problems than cross healing in the code, the whole noto agression system was malfunctioning in there, I believe it may have been possible to meteor storm the spectators even.