Land survey Tool

Topics related to Second Age
Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Land survey Tool

Post by Hoots »

Do these exist in this era? I was reading the OSI patch notes and it seems this was pre UOR.

Thanks, and sorry if it has been asked before.

Dashiva

Re: Land survey Tool

Post by Dashiva »

I believe they were added the same time as the 'new style' houses like villa, marble and such.

We don't have those styles (which makes me really sad), or the house placment tool (meh).
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

The land survey tool was a January 2000 addition, a few months before UOR. The new housing was an addition that came with the UOR release.

We may end up adding these things in, but for now, it's likely to be a backburner issue.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

alatar

Post by alatar »

Kaivan wrote:The land survey tool was a January 2000 addition, a few months before UOR. The new housing was an addition that came with the UOR release.

We may end up adding these things in, but for now, it's likely to be a backburner issue.
Don't add land tools, this totally defeats the purpose of house deeds not being blessed. Placing a house way always a dangerous situation. If someone were to run up while you were trying to place a house the situation could go bad quickly.
#1 PK Guild on T2A
ironfistmax wrote:Alatar is one of the best PvPers I have known. I have played UO since 1998 and every free shard known to man. It's not questionable whether he is good or not.
Hemperor wrote:Alatar is a douche bag but at least he and cr3w would fight everyone.

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

alatar wrote:
Kaivan wrote:The land survey tool was a January 2000 addition, a few months before UOR. The new housing was an addition that came with the UOR release.

Don't add land tools, this totally defeats the purpose of house deeds not being blessed. Placing a house way always a dangerous situation. If someone were to run up while you were trying to place a house the situation could go bad quickly.
shoulnt it be about era accuracy and what not easier or harder depending on your play type?

im guessin if you're experienced enough in uo to be playing a free shard you arnt running around with a non blessed deed in the wild.

anywho, you would still always have to place the deed an risk getting ganked, the tool just lets you know if its possible or not.

Dashiva

Post by Dashiva »

alatar wrote:

I agree the housing placment tool is a crutch. I would like to see the addition of the new housing styles, if there isn't too much contriversy over it.

Log Cabin
Villa
Small Tower
Small Marble
Large Marble
Sandstone Vendor House
... I think that was it.
Korlan (Dexxer) | Dashiva (Tamer)
Dashiva from Napa Valley

Berginyon
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Berginyon »

I also would love to see more choices for housing! I think it helps create a more unique world. I hope we implement this!
Crawl the Night
Berginyon

Faust

Post by Faust »

I dislike UOR era houses and I hope they are never implemented. This is a T2A shard. If you start adding post UOR material the next person that decides they liked something from that era will than have a valid reason to argue implementing it.

Hoots wrote: shoulnt it be about era accuracy and what not easier or harder depending on your play type?
If we based it strictly off era accuracy according to the patch that added land survey tools than you would also have to remove pre-casting. Pre-Casting was removed before this addition took place. The patch that added land survey tools was after the removal of the patch that rendered pre-casting obsolete.

jamison
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by jamison »

I completely agree with Wylan. Do not add house placement tools. Placing a house should have an element of difficulty (placing over rocks, dirt patch, trees, etc) and an element of danger. This is accurate for the majority of the pre UOR time. The land survey tool was added right before UO became completely gay and just catered to those people who were begging for Trammel.
[11:19] <hemperor> who can do me a favor
[11:19] * Rocks hands hemp a razor blade

[09:12] <weedsmoke> fuck you jamison
[09:12] <weedsmoke> i hope your new year sucks

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Faust wrote:
If we based it strictly off era accuracy according to the patch that added land survey tools than you would also have to remove pre-casting. Pre-Casting was removed before this addition took place. The patch that added land survey tools was after the removal of the patch that rendered pre-casting obsolete.
Thanks, that was the information i was looking for. Had some free time yesterday and looked at the osi patch notes and saw some very interesting things that could or could not be in this era depending on the deadline... Sounds like precasting is that deadline.

It is funny reading the replies in this thread.