Re: Why is blue pking so much fun?

Post by PHLiNX »

There's lot about pk's i don't get.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Some PK's go red but never statloss because when the money it takes to rebuild their character is more than what they earn while killing.

Other PK's kill but don't go red because the money they lose in equipment from being freely attackable to anyone is so high.

Both of these people are bad at UO.

Kander
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kander »

stat loss is a bitch but i rather keep the red title then blue any day.

[08:52] <Spitfire|work> chain knows, he's cleaned more houses than that erotic maid service

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

It's just reducing risk, at the cost of logging yourself in every day and just idling in the game for 23 hours a day to burn counts.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Some PK's go red but never statloss because when the money it takes to rebuild their character is more than what they earn while killing.

Other PK's kill but don't go red because the money they lose in equipment from being freely attackable to anyone is so high.

Both of these people are bad at UO.
you never addressed how much FUN blue pking is though. are u rly a woman?

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Because they can...
Sometimes out of the blue people want to kill another blue for no reason.

This isn't anything extraordinary, there are real people behind those pixels.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

The thing that makes this type of play so prominent on this server is the ease of skill gain and the availability of multiple accounts. On OSI most people had a main character they played which would be identified as either red or blue, and perhaps one alt and a crafter. Generally though, most people did not have 5+ fully built characters.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The thing that makes this type of play so prominent on this server is the ease of skill gain and the availability of multiple accounts. On OSI most people had a main character they played which would be identified as either red or blue, and perhaps one alt and a crafter. Generally though, most people did not have 5+ fully built characters.
i know that. you sound like a robot! i want you to sit and think for the next ten mins, before you reply, why is it so damnnnn FUN!?

marmalade

Post by marmalade »

why is killing people and taking their stuff fun? gosh i don't know.

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Matty wrote:i know that. you sound like a robot! i want you to sit and think for the next ten mins, before you reply, why is it so damnnnn FUN!?
It's exciting to do something that's uncharacteristically malevolent and against your typical behavioral norms. Why take part in a fantasy world at all if you're just going to behave in the same socially acceptable ways you do outside of it?

Adrenaline > Profit otherwise we'd all be bard-tamers.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

marmalade wrote:why is killing people and taking their stuff fun? gosh i don't know.
this is what i've been doing lately and has proved to make me lol the most: have a convo with your target, warn him of pks in the area, wish him luck, go offscreen, then come back and attack.

jlf2n

Post by jlf2n »

Matty wrote:
marmalade wrote:why is killing people and taking their stuff fun? gosh i don't know.
this is what i've been doing lately and has proved to make me lol the most: have a convo with your target, warn him of pks in the area, wish him luck, go offscreen, then come back and attack.

Cool story brah. Being a douche is awesome!

BobDobbs
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BobDobbs »

Douches have their place in a sandbox game.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken
UOSA Last.fm group!

clintbeastwood

Post by clintbeastwood »

MatronDeWinter wrote:The thing that makes this type of play so prominent on this server is the ease of skill gain and the availability of multiple accounts. On OSI most people had a main character they played which would be identified as either red or blue, and perhaps one alt and a crafter. Generally though, most people did not have 5+ fully built characters.
THIS IS SO NOT TRue
i had plenty 7x chars through the years. i also stole lotsa accounts and looted alot of houses to get where i got. and i had multiple account osi at times. pre uor so uhm ur wrong.