Poison in tournaments

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.

should poisoning and poison spell be allowed in tournament.

yes
70%
no
30%

Total votes: 10

venox

Poison in tournaments

Post by venox »

the act of poisoning a weapon follows the same pattern as casting the spell poison and thus the options have been placed together.
to separate them is splitting hairs and biased.

platy

Re: Poison in tournaments

Post by platy »

Your kidding right?
I think at this point you just need to get a life and stop carring so much..
Throughout this discussion the stress i see in your posts (not to mention the ENORMOUS amounts of brain power used [lol]) has taken years off your life..
This poll is stupid
EDIT: and btw, I see you have TWO votes within 30 seconds of each other [and the thread opening].. It is SO obvious your voting on multiple accounts its rediculous, Go dex somewhere else..
Last edited by platy on Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

I dont understand why some people are resorting to name calling?
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

platy

Post by platy »

Because: mages are already NERFED intown.. OSI/our staff GAVE dexers a place to DEX.. IN TOWN!
Now he's trying to nerf mages in the ONLY event where we can use our skills and advantages.. a PVP tournament.. the poison spell is HORRIBLE, for someone not smart enough to over come it is not the mages fault: it's his.. WE shouldn't pay for HIS idiocy.. :!:

Here's using your head: Ask for an all dexer tourney and stop trying to ruin the regular tourney..

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

This is not about you or your class.

This is not about nerfing mages. Or about magery in town (irrelevant, as it is T2A acurate. I would love mage dmg in town again).

I don't imagine people have a horrible time curing poison spell when they dont have magery and cannot use pots. But this point is also irrelevant (insinuating that an individual who cannot obtain cure scrolls or 20 magery are newbs or incompetent as you did in another post).

This is about allowing templates with skill, to use that skill. Someone with poisoning should be allowed to use the skill. Someone with stealing skill should be allowed to use it. No one should be permitted to determine what skills are "PvP" or not. This is simply preference (read: an opinion). As it stands the PvP tourney caters to a few specific templates.

Honestly we are going about this all wrong. The flaming and the multi polls with biased wording is wrong. I request a third party redo this.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

greatpollnot

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

your missing the leave it as is option
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

venox

Post by venox »

no i didnt
that is filed under option 2.

Mazer

Post by Mazer »

venox wrote:no i didnt
Words can not explain how stupid I think you are.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

how is it under option 2?

option 2 says remove poison spell
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

youre bad

Post by youre bad »

Mazer wrote:
venox wrote:no i didnt
Words can not explain how stupid I think you are.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

all u do is rant and complain venox. this thread is stupid becuase voting no says i dont want poisoning spell. which i do. ur missing an option. no need to vote here. i suggest u go make your own freeshard and imply poisoning as a pvp skill during t2a. and to all you who think stealing is a pvp skill... i dont even know what to say.

poison spell and poison skill are in no way related. they should not be grouped together.
Last edited by kill drizitz on Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

The flame war on this subject is not helped by the immaturity of both original posters/pollsters and furthermore the people making fun of them.

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

get a grip venox/son. ur one in the same. i was pushing u to make a poll all of last night, and u said it would not help you because its pointless. then you come here and make a poll that has no options for those who dont want ANY change. its commical at how u guys think of the things u do. are we wrong for not wanting a change just becuase you guys want one? are we wrong becuase we have played uo since t2a ERA and know the way tournament systems work? there are other shards that allow poisoned weps in tournaments, whats stopping you from pvping over at those?

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

kill drizitz wrote:get a grip venox/son. ur one in the same. i was pushing u to make a poll all of last night, and u said it would not help you because its pointless. then you come here and make a poll that has no options for those who dont want ANY change. its commical at how u guys think of the things u do. are we wrong for not wanting a change just becuase you guys want one? are we wrong becuase we have played uo since t2a ERA and know the way tournament systems work? there are other shards that allow poisoned weps in tournaments, whats stopping you from pvping over at those?

Why associate me with venox? Perhaps you need to re read my posts. Do you even know what I am saying?

Ill paraphrase for you: Allow diversity in tournament. Allow more skills: alchemy, stealing, poisoning.

PS, there was no "tournament system" in t2a. You being stubborn should not affect me :)