Keep grandfathered items grandfathered

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Keep grandfathered items grandfathered

Post by Mens Rea »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=356
Nevermore wrote:
Well we've hardly been open two months, so I don't think vet rewards are really too important at the moment. And the life-span of players playing free shards isn't that long. How many of you really expect to be playing a year from now? Or two or three? The chances aren't very likely.

Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.
Grandfathered items are effectively our "vet reward" - in fact, the learned Nevermore once stated that those who have played the shard longer will acquire items that newer players cannot just by virtue of the length of time they have been on the shard.

Those of us who were around to get the grandfathered items - great - it comes with the territory.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Keep grandfathered items grandfathered

Post by Ronk »

Thats a stretch...and I don't think this needed yet another new thread. You'll get to keep the item, it just may break.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

Ronk wrote:Thats a stretch...and I don't think this needed yet another new thread. You'll get to keep the item, it just may break.
I've never had any item of armor, clothing or anything wearable break since playing on this shard. It's not of huge concern to me either way - however - my clothing was not blessed by a T2A accurate clothing bless deed, my items were blessed via the silver system. This means they are part of the reward system and are a different type of "blessed" then items blessed using an Xmas CBD.

Arsen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Arsen »

now that is funny KEKeEK
[22:00:50] <@Dupre> arsen isnt raging, hes jsut german, it just sounds taht way
[22:00:58] <@Dupre> hes actually very calm and gentle
[22:03:54] <@Dupre> arsen is also the best player here

iamantitype

Post by iamantitype »

Mens Rea wrote:It's not of huge concern to me either way - however - my clothing was not blessed by a T2A accurate clothing bless deed, my items were blessed via the silver system. This means they are part of the reward system and are a different type of "blessed" then items blessed using an Xmas CBD.

+1

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Everyone needs to quit trippin on this. It is not going to be changed.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Everyone needs to quit trippin on this. It is going to be changed.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

applejack
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by applejack »

Ronk wrote:Everyone needs to quit trippin on this. It is going to be changed.
+1
[cA] Organizational Information
[cA] Tales of Adventure
Tabius wrote:I am disgusted by cA's attitude in this and you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

applejack wrote:
Ronk wrote:Everyone needs to quit trippin on this. It is going to be changed.
+1
I was just making the point that I can do it too. ^_^
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

That's fine. I was just stating what derrick told me. If i had saved the log i would post it.
Mr.Brown wrote:peace out bro hopefully you can play again..you taught me t2a pvp!
Nevermore wrote:Besides just by playing the shard, vets will have plenty of things that most people who haven't been around as long don't.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

niqeo wrote:That's fine. I was just stating what derrick told me. If i had saved the log i would post it.
Yes yes, everyone says derrick told them something. It all goes both ways. And no one cares about a log you can find, let alone a log you can't find...given how easy it is to fake a log.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

niqeo

Post by niqeo »

Ronk wrote:Yes yes, everyone says derrick told them something. It all goes both ways. And no one cares about a log you can find, let alone a log you can't find...given how easy it is to fake a log.
True, I guess I should just keep my mouth shut and enjoy all the cheap rares I obtain that won't ever be broken until the end of secondage. You win.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

niqeo wrote:You win.
YAY!
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I've been here for over 2.25 years, I don't own any of these 'vet' rewards you speak of.

Also, Vet Rewards weren't implemented on OSI until after our cutoff date (sometime around 2001), so your reference to having Vet Rewards isn't era accurate anyway.

Support UOSA and help strive for accuracy!
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

Is this the thread where the same 5 people that complained in the other 3 threads on this complain in order to make it look like more of the population supports their desire to keep a proven inaccurate item mechanic that only serves to benefit them and under-minds the whole premise of the server?

If not, I'll make another one. I want to be sure that I am on topic.